Vive Hotel Waikiki
US$437
US$292
US$240
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
US$364
US$332
2,774 results
All reviewscontinental breakfastpineapple juicegreat locationboogie boardsbeach gearcourtesy roomtwo blockstea and coffeebody boardsrooms are smallbus stopjunior suitefree wifiair conditionershort walk to the beachvalet parkingwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We booked via Travelocity and received 12% off, costing around $185/night (includes tax) for a cosmopolitan room. Overall, we had a great stay.

As many comment, the service and staff is outstanding. Everyone we talked to was pleasant and helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and getting a free toothbrush, scope and toothpaste was no problem. We stayed on the 19th floor and found our room to be clean and well suited. The size was similar to NYC hotels, which I knew in advance. The coffee and water during the day was a great touch! I couldn't find bottled water for a reasonable price so the amenities provided were great.

Something that can be improved on is the clicking noise that the air conditioner makes. Also, the bathroom was tiny, but manageable.

We rented a car during the last 3 days of our trip. We took the bus ($2.50/person) to the airport to pick up the car so we would avoid a transportation shuttle on the way back. In addition, we parked at Aston Waikiki Banyan which only costed $15 for a 24 hour period (unlimited in and out). This was a great cost savings as the Vive charges $25 and the Aston was only a couple blocks down the street.

Last tip - there is a hidden gem pizza restaurant in the hotel across the street (Aqua Bamboo Waikiki). It was very reasonably priced, secluded plus had a FREE corkage fee so we were able to get a bottle of wine at ABC prior to going and enjoy it with our pizza.

1  Thank CappaccinoGirl
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We actually booked this hotel for our anniversary this year because of a Groupon that we had found. The lobby is quite lovely and modern....and then it started to go downhill from there. We were trying to check-in with the front desk and it ended up being a big hassle because of the Groupon. Although we had everything that was indicated on the Groupon itself, the individual at the front desk insisted that we needed an entirely different document. Eventually it was all sorted out, however it took almost 45 minutes to get checked in and, not to mention, the individual at the front desk that we were dealing with was quite unpleasant and a little snobby (and please note that once we went to the room, we double checked - and confirmed - that we had all of the proper documentation as stipulated on the Groupon.) Anyway, it was our anniversary, so we weren't going to let that ruin it - and perhaps the individual at the front desk was just having a bad day. We finally made it to the room ....and wow.... well, it was very clean and fresh, but it was literally the size of a dorm room!! We have been in many boutique style rooms in this world, but I'm fairly certain that this was the smallest one. It was so small that if you were to get up from the bed to go to the washroom, you would crack your knee on the door frame (which both my husband and I did.) Now, I don't mean to be overly negative, so here are some great positives; the location is great (you're just a short walk to the beach and the Waikiki "strip"), because it is a brand new hotel, it is very clean and the beds are very comfortable.
All in all, we probably wouldn't go back to Vive for another anniversary or staycation, but if you are able to get a good deal and you're not bothered by a small room, then you might want to give it a try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happy_Travellers041
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 1 year and it was both our first time in Hawaii. When I was planning our itinerary, I came across Vive Hotel on a popular Vacation package site. I came here for reviews and thought this would be a nice hotel to stay at. We booked a 5 night stay and could not be any happier with our choice. We booked a standard room with ocean view. The view was not spectacular, but we could see the ocean from the 18th floor. Our room was very small compared to big chain hotels, but felt cozy and clean. The toilet gave this foul smell every time we flushed, but I noticed the same smell at other establishments during our trip around Oahu.

The customer service was superb. My cousin called Vive Hotel a week before our trip and spoke to Jacqueline to set up an anniversary surprise for us. The staff made sure the surprise was set up as described when we checked in. I took a picture of the boxes of choc dipped strawberries and candies on the bed and my cousin gave it a thumbs up. Another staff that stood out was Robb. My wife and I went out to dinner and had some left overs. We figured we can save some money by boxing it up and eating it for lunch the next day. We went down to the lobby and asked Robb if they have a microwave we can use. He stated that it was staff use only, but was willing to heat up our food for us. He walked us towards the back where they set up their continental breakfast. He came out with 2 plates and utensils and asked if we wanted to just put our food on a plate since microwaving a to-go Styrofoam tray was not ideal. I offered him food, but he respectively said no thank you. He stayed for a while and we talked about things to do nearby and places to eat.

Valet is $25/night and we used this service 4 out of the 5 nights we stayed. I did not get his name, but one guy seemed like he was somewhat waiting for a tip when we dropped off our car. He had a tribal tattoo sleeve. It was unfortunately that he was only there when we dropped our car off. We always tipped every time we picked up our car.

If you don't mind staying near a busy Waikiki, this is the place to stay. Clean, cozy rooms. Two blocks from Waikiki beach. Great service. We will most likely stay in Ko'Olina and its quiet, less busy surrounding on our next Oahu visit.

Room Tip: Book the Junior Suite for more room.
2  Thank HEALtheILL
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Only reason I picked this hotel was because it was a listed on a travel flash sale website. I have absolutely no regrets.

Positive:

- The ENTIRE staff was professional and friendly, from the housekeepers to the concierge
- On that note, the concierge will go out of their way to assist you with your itinerary, Jacqueline assisted us for most of our stay and she was professional, consistent and persevering! I haven't encountered plenty of people in customer service who is like her.
- Clean amenities (yay no hair in the sink!), lobby, halls, everything
- Basic daily breakfast provided - pastries, fruit and juice
- Front desk provides towels, chairs and boogie boards for when you go to the beach
- Nice, modern aesthetic - you will enjoy your surroundings if you don't like big, blockbuster chain hotels
- Walk-in shower (I stayed at the Junior Suite) with separate room for toilet
- Location is great, not on the beach but just 2 shorts blocks away, the bus station is right outside (I did not take the shuttle though), near plenty of restaurants and food stops

Negative:

- Very tiny: the activities sheet they gave us on the first day was not updated, better to call for updated events and activities
- Valet parking only and it's $25/night

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I had time to spend in Honolulu both before and after a cruise. We liked this hotel on the first leg of the trip and came back for the second stay. It is just a short block from the beach. The hotel has a European feel to it including the small but adequate room. Staff is friendly, accommodating and helpful. On our return trip they found us a room hours before we expected to move in. Good coffee and fresh fruit and pastries in the morning, in a very comfortable lounge area off the lobby. The only small issue was that it is difficult for shuttle buses to stop on the busy street - but they will. Be ready. Taxis can go up the ramp.