Vive Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Fantastic service, location, and breakfast. Provided little extra's like complimentary bottled water and robes in room, juice and hot towels on arrival, towels and mats for the beach. We were lucky to be upgraded to penthouse room with the most awesome electric toilet (don't laugh until you have tried one!). Fantastic views of city and sea. Only criticism was that the air con was fairly old and extremely noisy, making my ear plugs invaluable. A small inconvenience amongst all the awesome benefits. The check in staff (Beverley I think) was extremely friendly with a genuine smile. Other hotels should take lessons from this one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,569)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a nice end of vacation hotel after the cruise. Well located, a few minutes walk from the beach with towels and other stuff provided by the hotel. Staff was extremely driven to meet you needs.
Rooms are nice but smallish, window mounted AC was a bit noisy. Free wifi worked well.
Also, we had stinky pillows in the room. Probably from the high humidity.
They had a nice setup for the continental breakfast: fresh and plentiful. Coffee, tea, decaf and water was available 24 hours in the lobby.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have had many stays in Waikiki and this expereince was a treat! The hotel is a charm with quick access to everything Waikiki has to offer. Just a very short walk directly to the beach where the Duke statue is and shoppng in every direction. The Vive was refreshing; from the fahionably attired staff, the modern yet chic lobby and the small details through out the hotel. The room we had was on the Penthouse level and the room was gorgeous, clean and quiet with great views of the ocean and the city. Our 7 day stay was highlighted by the courteous and friendly staff and we certainly enjoyed the daily breakfast in the great room, with fresh local fruit and yummy baked goods. What impressed us more than anything is that you can feel a genuine spirit of hospitality that obviously comes from top management. It was a great home base for the week and the complimentary towels and beach chairs made our excursions so easy. Thank you to the entire team at the VIve for sharing our special visit to Hawaii. We highly recommend this hotel and hope to retun soon.

Room Tip: Penthouse rooms are beautiful with amazing views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Traycee M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Awesome staff and supercute waiting/lounge area!! Very modern and cozy, with some of the best artwork and accesories that I've seen in a hotel/resort. Guests feel welcomed with a cool glass of pineapple juice and handtowel to cool off with while checking in. The valet/bag custodian is a very nice guy that deserves BIG tips for all of his hard work and multitasking. Only downsides are No pool, and I would barely describe the rooms as "oceanview," (more like cityview, and I think this would go over better so that guests dont expect more) but other than that, its a perfect location for a weekend getaway. Very close to everything Waikiki, yet very quiet at night when necessary. Two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: "Oceanview" rooms only provide a small view of ocean. However, the actual city view from t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iAmAlliCat
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We came to this hotel cause we thought from reviews looked good. BUT it was off when we went to the room the walk way to our room was still not finished their was a blue foam on floor and the doors looked like they were being still fixed. Also when we went in the room we felt like we were in a cruise it was so tight and cramped. Their was also no pool or regular parking only valet but it just felt like a apartment building trying to be a hotel but one thing good is they had free internet they also had free breakfast but it was only bread and fruit but it was fine. The down stairs was nice. Also one other thing was their is no service elevator because everyone that is fixing hotel came on elevator and felt like a apartment building. We might not stay here again. Just letting people know if it will help. But great location two blocks from beach.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Sexyyoungmanlionking
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife got us a room for two nights by using an auction site. I read reviews, both good and bad, so I wasn't sure what to think.

The staff is very friendly. We arrived at about 10 pm and the two who greeted us acted like we were long lost relatives. We were given a glass of pineapple juice to drink while checking in. Our room was upgraded for free to an ocean view room. Yes, it faced Kuhio Avenue, but I didn't mind that. The street I live on is much louder.

With only a short walk to the beach, there are no complaints about location. It is pretty close to many restaurants, fast food and shops. There is also plenty of night life around, if that is your thing.

The complimentary breakfast was pastries and juice. If you are on a protein diet, you might want something else, but I found it satisfactory. The breakfast is served in a large room with tables, chairs and couches. This makes a nice place to sit and check email or update Facebook. Speaking of the Internet, their WiFi was fast and free.

The room was small, surprisingly so. There was a mini fridge, TV, safe and bed. The queen sized bed was comfortable and the pillows were just right. Don't drink the bottled water, though, unless you want to pay for it.

We didn't rent a car, but there is on-site parking available.

Our only complaint was the lack of a pool. This is not a deal breaker, though, since we were so close to the ocean. We just enjoy being able to lounge once in a while.

I would definitely be happy staying there again. That is the best recommendation I can give.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Ilosby
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I've stay at the Vive hotel 4 times already and I always leave a happy customer. The staff is A+++++, They are always so professional and friendly. you can tell that the staffs help/customer service is genuine and not fake. The vallet attendants are AWESOME, they go above and beyond and provide top notch customer service. The rooms I've stayed in are really modern and comfortable, I like the concept and the designs of the rooms. I recently stayed in the penthouse and it was Gorgeous. I will definitely be staying at The Vive in the future. If your on vacation or just a staycation I would HIGHLY recommend staying at The Vive

• Stayed: July 2014