“If you want a doughnut, this is the place!”
Review of Leonard's Bakery

Leonard's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 35 Bakeries in Honolulu
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I had read about Leonard's before our trip. I saw the sign when we were driving back to our hotel and pulled in. Grabbed six malasadas. OMG! They are heavenly! If I lived there, this would be a daily ritual. They are warm, soft, fluffy, and sweet! I ate there before we left the parking lot! If you have a sweet tooth, it's a must see!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,537)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

These doughnuts are the best I've ever had anywhere. This is a statewide spot that has a line waiting to get in at 5:30 AM, when they open. Like everywhere else in Hawaii, this place just doesn't have any excess parking--something like 7 spaces, and they are hard to get into and out of. And this really isn't in one of the best neighborhoods in town. But the doughnuts were priced great and all that we bought were eaten in about five minutes. And if you thought about using their bathroom--forget it. They don't have one for customers.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Heard about their malasadas. Was looking for something else and just happened upon this place. Tried the original, the cinnamon, and the li hing. All were good.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Whenever I'm on island it's a must to stop by. I can grab a malasada (or 2) and have an easy breakfast for less than $3. In the 2 weeks we were on island we stopped by 3 times - yummy. Grandma prefers the original (no filling w/ sugar), I like the haupia, and the boyfriend devoured the chocolate - really, no matter what you chose you can't go wrong! Just beware - the parking lot is really small (and usually filled) and the shopping centers/residential area around Leonards will tow if they know you're headed for malasadas and not their stores.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Leonards Malasadas are amazing! We lived out there when my husband was stationed there for the Marine Corps. and were told by the locals that we had to hit up the malasada trucks.

Leonards has so many different flavors and they all melt in your mouth. They always have a line out the door but move very quickly to get you in and out. I would say if you are a tourist and want local favorites, Leonards is a must!!