“Eat where the Locals Eat”

Like Like Drive Inn Restaurant
Ranked #240 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When I lived in Hawaii, years ago, I used to see this "drive in" on Keeamoku St. across from Walmart. It's not a drive in anymore, it is more like a diner. I never ate there until this trip, when we booked the red eye home. After a long day on the North Shore, we had to go back to our hotel to pick up our luggage and then we stopped at Walmart for a few last minute goodies. Now, I'm not telling you to park in Walmart's huge, free parking garage, but most people who are visiting nearby businesses do. We were the only tourists dining at the time, surrounded by local, older couples. It was hard to choose from the extensive menu, which includes local favorites and diner standbys. I had the Loco Moco, my husband (who really only eats burgers and pupus) ordered something a little different, The Hamburger Club. He tried to upgrade his fries to chili cheese fries, but the waitress didn't speak much English, so we wound up with a full order of chili cheese fries. Their fries are sooooooo good. Try out Like Like (Leakay Leakay) Drive in. You're sure to Like Like it very much.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Likiliki is a family type restaurant with good value and food choices. It's convenient location and 24 hour service.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Like Like Drive In was recommended to us by a local friend. We went for breakfast and, sure enough, locals were lined up out the door. It had to be great, right? No, it was NOT great. It was not even really average. The coffee was weak, the pancakes were tough and tasteless, the hash brown potatoes tasted like old oil. The food was, plainly put, not very good. Additionally, the restaurant itself was not very clean--I picked up the syrup and my hand came away totally stickified! The waitress was nice enough but clearly so busy she had little time to attend to her tables. All of that was okay to eat at a local place with roots back to the 1960s. But, then there was the sticker shock--almost $60 (pre-tip) for four people (2 of whom drank water!). As I left, I found myself wishing I'd eaten at McDonald's--better eggs, better pancakes, decent sausage, fast service, and a much better price.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

they hamberger steak was good old fashion, with real mash potatoes with soup and buns and ice tea. and the saimien was also great.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends and I went here to eat after a night of drinking. I went alittle early (2 AM) and got a table quickly. The server that helped us was very grouchy! She spilled water on my menu and wasn't very apologetic and took some time to clean it up. One of my friends accidently spilled her water and when we asked for napkins, the servers just threw over a pile of napkins and didn't offer to help clean it up. Then we had to ask her for more water. As for the food, it wasn't all that great, pretty average. But the saimin was very good, and that's all. For me, it was a little high for the price.