“Worst service ever”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Just went here today and the service was shocking. We waited. 45 minutes for our mains and the drinks took 20 minutes. Don't go if you are in a hurry or want good service.

1  Thank JWPisces

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My husband and I went on a vacation to Honolulu, HI and I was expecting to eat tons of seafood and kahlua pig. My husband was stationed here when he was in the military and had said he'd like to eat at one of his old favorites. I'm not a huge fan of italian food. Pasta has never been a good thing for me.

So, we headed to the OSF our 2nd night there. The restaurant was very clean and had a beautiful atmosphere. The staff were really nice, greeted us, and seated us within a few minutes.
Our waiter was incredibly friendly and attentive to us the entire time but without being overly bearing.

My husband had the Sicilian Meatballs and they were enormous. He's a meatball connoisseur and he said they were as good as they always were. I had the spinach and cheese ravioli. I'm not a huge ravioli fan but it was a small meal that would fill me up without being stuffed. The ravioli were delicious! They tasted as if everything was handmade from scratch. It wasn't your typical frozen ravioli. We also had their garlic cheese bread which I couldn't get enough of. Again, it tasted as if someone worked from scratch on the bread.

I ordered myself a mojito and an apple martini within the 3 different times we ate there and they were great. I don't know if the same bartender made them but they tasted exactly the same. My husband had one of their italian cream soda's and just loved it.

So, of the 7 days in Hawaii, we ate at OSF for 3 of them. Does that tell you how good it really was?

1  Thank Shawna D
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Sometimes can be busy but excellent value. We go here at least once a month. The food is very good considering the cheap price.

1  Thank Aloha832
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The food is always great! But if I had to complain about anything it would be that when they are busy they can forget about you.

1  Thank dprtree
Reviewed 1 April 2013

It was an experience that I will never forget. It was the night that I came home just awfully sick. I don't know if it was the butter and or the cheese but I spent the whole night afterwards going to the bathroom.

The food looked appealing and was presented well. The after effect was not good. Then, I saw on the news that night there were a couple of restaurants on the Department Food and Labor Board list had complaints from about food quality. I wondered if it made the list. The service was mediocre. They were extremely busy for a weekday night. I suppose anywhere you go it is a gamble of what the food and service will be like.

1  Thank ualjeff