“I tested it for my friends Birthday.”
Review of Chai's Island Bistro - CLOSED

Chai's Island Bistro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Hawaii
“I tested it for my friends Birthday.”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My best friend and I take each other to great places for birthdays. I wanted to test the restraunt before making a reservation for her for her birthday. I had never been there so I wanted to be sure it was good enough for her. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli. It was so salty it burned my throat. I had to return it. They were slow to respond. They tasted my ravioli and agreed it was way too salty. The waiter did apologize for the saltiness and told me the whole batch had been spoiled by too much salt so he couldn't bring me a less salty batch of Lobster Ravioli. I order a vegetable pasta dish. The vegetable pasta dish was okay, but nothing special and very overpriced for how average it was. The weird thing is they did nothing to make up for the error. You would think they would offer a discount or a free iced tea at least. I have no interest in ever returning.

Kaneohe, HI
“Great Asian Fusion Food”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a fun place to go, being as it's at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. The food is Asian fusion and it's excellent. There is usually nice Hawaiian style entertainment as well.

Honolulu
“If I had a hammer”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I'd hammer in the morning...and if I had lot of money...I'd eat here often...excellent variety and quality but outside of my budget

Honolulu, Hawaii
“GREAT Entertainment”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Chai's has some of the best Hawaiian entertainers (not a hula show) on Oahu almost every day of the week. Combine this with fabulous Pacific Rim cuisine (not just food...cuisine) and a clean, airy setting with great service and you have a success.

Maui
“Sweet desserts and tunes!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Ended our progressive dinner here at their 8 o'clock seating in time for all their fabulous desserts and Jerry Santos!

Visited February 2012