“Best breakfast buffet in Hawaii!!!”
Review of Rainbow Lanai

Rainbow Lanai
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lanai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #409 of 2,352 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$18 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Troy, Missouri
“Best breakfast buffet in Hawaii!!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We ate breakfast at the Rainbow Lanai each morning on our trip. There was always a wait, but only 15-20 mins at the most. Let me start with the staff...they were fantastic! Very attentive, friendly, smiling, accomodating, etc. Top notch service! The food was excellent, we tried different things each day (and their menus change slightly each day) and everything was hot/warm, and very tasty! (Honestly, I don't normally eat breakfast and I stuffed myself each morning!) They have hot foods (eggs, sausage, waffles, french toast, hashbrowns, bacon,etc.) and fruits, bread, danishes, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc. Beautiful relaxing atmosphere, very comfy chairs and THE BEST orange juice I have ever had! Only dislike I had was birds running all over, but it is open air seating, so you are going to have that. Highly recommend eating here each morning!

• Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Breakfast if you dont mind the wait”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Good selection of buffet items. Juice selection very good as was the bread pudding. Attentive wait staff and very good selection make it worth the wait

Visited February 2014
Beijing, China
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Not much choice on food, especially hot food, we found it difficult to select what we want to eat after spend 3 days breakfast there.
The chef making the fried egg has done his job very well.

Mineola, New York
“Have to do it once”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Expensive at $27 per but we did it our first day. The first table they took us to was almost in the kitchen but the hostess had no problem switching us to a beautiful table for 2 outside steps aways from the beach. Now it was perfect!! I'd say you are paying for the location as the food is good standard breakfast buffet...good but not something you'll remember for the rest of your life. Honestly, it was a much better view and about the same quality as the breakfast buffet we had at the Hilton in St Augustine Florida and it was $3 cheaper in Hawaii!

“Obnoxiously Overpriced!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

It's a nice buffet. If it was priced at $18 I'd give it a much better rating. But at $29 it's a horrible waste of money. If money doesn't matter to you then it's a convenient choice for guest at the hotel.

I've had expensive buffets in Vegas that were well worth the money, this one is not. Our breakfast with tip for 4 was $140. Which was only $8 cheaper than the best meal we had on our trip, a very good dinner at Dukes.

Again, the food is ok but I just couldn't get past the price for what we ate. I got much better hash browns across the street at the coffee house for a meal that was less than $10 each.

1 Thank Rsharp83