“best sushi ever”

Furusato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 2,337 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Montreal, Canada
“best sushi ever”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Tiny place but amazing taste, very fresh, fast service. Great location, right across Waikiki beach. Great place to eat after a day at the beach.

• Visited December 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Hills
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Furusato is on the street right across Waikiki Beach, next to the Hyatt Regency. It's a small place with only ten or so sushi bar seats. There are approximately the same amount of tables available. However, when I got there around 7:00 pm, every seat at the sushi bar was taken, as were all of the tables. Four or five sushi chefs were pumping out the food as fast as they could. Once I was seated at the sushi bar, I'd say the sushi was good to very good. The service as a little slow because it was so crowded. It was worth the visit.

• Visited November 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic taste, view and service!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We arrived to our hotel on Waikiki Beach, and after 14 hours in a plane, we were dying for something fresh and light before bed. We decided on sushi and that we would go to the first one we found. We were SO lucky to have stumbled upon Furusato. Over the course of the week, we went three times. Each visit, the fantastic server remembered our complete order-even remembering that I didn't want cucumber in our rolls!

Yes, it is pricey, but I thought the quality was fantastic. It tasted fresh and light and exactly how sushi should taste. Obviously, we didn't gorge ourselves on loads of rolls because they were a bit more expensive that we are used to, but the taste, view and service clearly made up for it. (And as a typical 18-20 percent tipper here in DC, I gladly handed over my credit card for the automatic 15% gratuity!)

I would highly recommend the Omega and the Diamondhead roll. Those were what kept us coming back. :D

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LucyGal86
“Amazing sushi experience”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I'll start off with the positives - the sushi was incredible! As an avid sushi fan I would have to say this was some of the best I've ever tried. My husband doesn't usually eat sushi and even he raved about how great it was. We ordered the jumbo tempura roll and the beef roll. The beef was incredibly tender and the tempura prawn was perfection. Presentation was excellent and flavor was spot on. The downsides include the seating - there aren't very many seats and the atmosphere isn't fantastic, but it's right across from the beach which is quite nice. Food was also quite expensive however it was well worth it! The service was 'no frills' pleasant and fast. We would certainly eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tye-Ange
Salt Lake City, Utah
“If your the only white guy then it must be good right?”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I don't think I heard a word in English and an positive I was the only white guy in here. The sushi was good a little on the expensive side but what do you expect across from the beach?

• Visited September 2013