“Not Just Good Food, But Fun & Interesting”
Review of Chuck's Cellar

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I enjoyed this place. I felt like I was in a Quentin Tarentino film. A little dimly lit, half round booths, little candles, a low ceiling, chill music, a little bit retro. It was different from most of Waikiki and I enjoyed this as I have started to find all the typical tourist joints to be boring after being here for a couple of weeks on business. I read in other reviews that the music could be loud, but there wasn't live music that night and it was easy to carry on a conversation.

I had the fillet. It was good. My business associates loved the lobster and prime rib.

The service as above average.

I don't remember the cost because my vendor paid for it.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great old time atmosphere with live music, a long time favorite, with great rib & lobster. Soup & salad bar. If you like rib and/or lobster a must stop!! Not to be missed

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wonderful atmosphere and food! Our server was fantastic!! I highly recommend this place for great fish and steak.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The location is literally in the cellar of a high rise hotel. Parking is right next door which is validated.
The restaurant has the best prime rib cut. The serving is very generous and the salad bar was adequate.
On Monday Nights they have a trio called Coyne St, playing traditional and contemporary hawaiian music.
The chocolate Volcano with chocolate Lava was to die for.
I highly recommend as a dinner destination. Will return.

1  Thank Don K
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This restaurant was literally in the cellar of our hotel. It is dark and fairly small--reminds me of a British pub. They had good music the night we visited but it was too loud due to the environs. There is an old fashioned salad bar which was not impressive in its offerings, but the barbeque beef soup was delicious. My prime rib was OK and cooked as requested. However, my husband's petite sirloin was tough and full of grissel. Sides were nothing spectacular. Service was friendly but slow. Mai tais were good. They are a meat and sides type of restaurant without much creativity.

Been to Chuck's Cellar? Share your experiences!