“Great Place to Satisfy Your Dim Sum Craving” 4 of 5 bubbles

Happy Days Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #304 of 2,328 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hawaii
“Great Place to Satisfy Your Dim Sum Craving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I'm by no means a dim sum connoisseur, but I know that when I get a hankering for dim sum -- the place that immediately comes to mind is Happy Day in Kaimuki. The décor is simple, the staff efficient, and the dim sum consistently delicious. My favorite item is the fuzzy taro dish (don't know its name). That's the first thing I look for and, once I receive it, my table manners become boorish, as I just dig in and go to my happy place at Happy Day while the rest of the table selects their dishes. The look fun noodles are also very good. My friend introduced me to this place, and, when I went back with my husband, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs -- we ended up ordering so much we needed a doggie bag. The prices are reasonable. My brother and I ate there last week, and we arrived hungry and left with full stomachs -- and all for a very reasonable price of $30. For the amount of food we ordered, that was a great deal. We've learned to be a little more selective as the carts come around, only ordering what we can reasonably finish. I believe dim sum is served starting at 8 am. So, I wholeheartedly recommend Happy Day for a great dim sum meal. And, I'm not the only one. Many of my friends and co-workers rank Happy Day high up there on their list of favorite places for dim sum.

• Visited June 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Very good dim sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Great local place for Dim Sum. OK, Chinatown can be better, but if one wants to avoid the parking, the traffic and the hassle, this is the place.

Take out is GREAT. There is a discount in the morning. Buy a nice variety and go someplace for a picnic. Ala Moana Park or Kapiolani park or Kapiolani Community College would be good choices.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gorge W
“Fresh n delicious Dim Sum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Loved the freshly made egg tarts, sliced fish congee, broad rice noodle rolls with shrimp (Har Cheong), scallop wantans and shrimp dumplings. Service was quick n friendly, and prices are very fair. We enjoyed the Dim Sum lunch there very much!

• Visited June 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good dim sum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We usually go into china town for dim sum but this restaurant is close to home and never disappoints. We always get really good dim sum.

Visited November 2012
Honolulu
“Good place to enjoy Dim Sum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Good choice of dim sum available as well as duck, pork, chicken. All foods served hot and
fresh for lunch. Very reasonably priced. Waitresses are very efficient and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Happy Days Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!