“do not trust their 'calculation'”

Sorabol Korean Restaurant
Ranked #800 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Wish I read reviews before we went to this restaurant. Heard food was good so gave it a try. Total was mysteriously a rounded number of $82 and seemed higher than anticipated. When I later read reviews, I saw that many had same experience - receipt not itemized and only written in Korean and possible overcharges. When I ordered, the waitress was pushing that I order extra rice. I said that we didn't need extra rice. Others wrote that they were charged for extras when they weren't ordered. Others advised to calculate your total before they take the menus away. That's what I get for trusting the restaurant owner. Never will set foot in that establishment again. Writing this to help out other trusting patrons.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

All the dishes are delicious. Great for dinner. I never have room for dessert. It may be too much food for lunch or breakfast
Open 24 hours and great for travelers with early morning or late night arrivals.
Valet parking during prime dinner hours (it's a small lot) is complimentary. $2-3 tip is fine.
What lacks in atmosphere is forgotten when your food arrives..The place could use a facelift...the furniture and utensils are clean.
Close to Ala Moana Shopping center and one block from the Pagoda Hotel.

Love the ice cubes and moth balls in the urinals

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This restaurant is screaming for a major renovation and the old carpet should be removed right away. Also, TV screens have no place in a Korean restaurant and divert from your dinner. But, the food is excellent and the service good. So, don't let the old interior distract you and enjoy the very authentic delicious meals.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I love this place. It is open 24 hours perday .. the service is attentive and the food is good. I am Korean so I usually have, just, a bowl of soup and that sets me up for the day. Breakfast here is a bargain .. no .. no bacon and eggs .. but a bowl of Korean soup with rice and all the side dishes for $ 7.50!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

1st time was told to try honey toast for a great dessert so, we stopped by and glad we only ordered oneinstead of three, omg wonderful and huge and e1 must try it at least once.