“First time we ate Korean”

Sorabol Korean Restaurant
Ranked #894 of 2,493 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It was awesome this food was so, so, good my husband and I had never eaten Korean and we are so glad our good friend Ron took us out to dinner when we stayed in Waikiki and chose this restaurant. We will certainly be back for more of this delicious food that you cook right at your table YUMMY!!

1  Thank ruby s

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Good Korean dishes with a variety of selection. Small servings though. Busy restaurant. Great food. Very nice staff. Decent parking. Near the Ala Moana shopping mall. We ordered Kalbi, Sorabol special, rice with barbecue chicken. Everything was delicious. My favorite was the hot pot rice and the spicy soup. Not very pleased with the spicy raw crab. Cold green tea for drinks was nice and refreshing.
Not one of the best Korean restaurants in my list. I've had better ones. Their side dishes was not as delicious as others that I have tried. Even their Kimchi is just average.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We basically stumbled onto this place, having no idea what would be on offer. The staff could tell that we had no experience at all with Korean food, and they helped us choose from the lunch menu. We ordered a meat dish each and the lovely staff gave us extra sides to try. All were delicious. I only wish we'd had time to go back again. Thanks for a terrific experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Wish I read reviews before we went to this restaurant. Heard food was good so gave it a try. Total was mysteriously a rounded number of $82 and seemed higher than anticipated. When I later read reviews, I saw that many had same experience - receipt not itemized and only written in Korean and possible overcharges. When I ordered, the waitress was pushing that I order extra rice. I said that we didn't need extra rice. Others wrote that they were charged for extras when they weren't ordered. Others advised to calculate your total before they take the menus away. That's what I get for trusting the restaurant owner. Never will set foot in that establishment again. Writing this to help out other trusting patrons.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

All the dishes are delicious. Great for dinner. I never have room for dessert. It may be too much food for lunch or breakfast
Open 24 hours and great for travelers with early morning or late night arrivals.
Valet parking during prime dinner hours (it's a small lot) is complimentary. $2-3 tip is fine.
What lacks in atmosphere is forgotten when your food arrives..The place could use a facelift...the furniture and utensils are clean.
Close to Ala Moana Shopping center and one block from the Pagoda Hotel.

Love the ice cubes and moth balls in the urinals