Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations
US$378
US$348
Hotelpower.com
  • Beachfront
Pearl Hotel Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$320
HotelsClick
All reviewsrooftop poolbathroom mirrorice makerrain showerhgvc propertiessoaking tublewers streetcheeseburgerrice cookerthe royal hawaiian shopping centerwashers and dryersbeach walkrestaurants and shoppingvalet parkingsmall poolliving roomexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Forced to stay at the new Hilton we were pleasntly surprised on the use of space in the Condo and view from our room. The staff was well prepared for us and left nothing to guess work. The facility is in the heart of the new Lewers St. and access to the fun is easy and convenient. We had a great time at the new location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank William Andrew M
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I am here until march 10,2014 the weather is not coraperating. Found out today to avoid Waikiki from October until May, nice to no after the fact. First day could not find the hotel, no sign for parking. No entry to the hotel, only a spot on the road to remove your luggage next to a bus stop. Terrible design, no entry at all. Had to call the hotel for someone to come out and guide me. Thank you Koshi, from there service is excellent. Elevator is a nuisance, you have to swip a card then type in the floor. I love technology. But the elevator doesn't tell you if its coming or what floor your going. Their are no indications on the wall, and once in the elevator no buttons to push. So if you make a mistake it brings you to the floor then you have to get out and re swipe the card to put the floor number from outside. By then the its left and you have to wait. The swiping of the card should be from inside the elevator. Now this might sound picky but I actually cook some of my food and use the kitchen. I can only go out and eat once or twice a day. I have a sensitive stomach...lol. So I like to have simple foods. Well I went to get some chicken to do a stir fry. And their was no salt, pepper etc. Called the front desk and they were surprised, a kitchen with no spices not even sugar. Why have a coffee machine and no sugar. Had to go out of my way to buy it. Now the best part is they call it a resort. With what amenteties. The pool on the roof, is more like big jacuzzi. That's it, no grounds to walk, no gym, nothing. The beach is not 5 minutes as was mentioned to me but 10 minutes so how is this a resort. If you want a hotel to stay at for business for a day or two, this is it. To be where it is with a kitchen, can't understand the concept. I am a architect and appreciate the design,contour, concept of the room however it just doesn't work for a resort.... J.B board in my room.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank JD D
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the many items that did not meet your expectations. Being a new property, we are aware of the challenges guests experience when trying to find us. We are exploring our options as to improving the hotel's visibility while at the same time abiding by the signage regulations that are in place. In regards to the elevator, please accept my apologies for us not better explaining how to use the elevators. The elevator control pad located outside of the elevator does have a screen display that points to the elevator that is coming when the elevator is first called for. As for the floor that the elevator is going to, it can also be viewed on the upper right and left sides of the elevator. We have found that security wise, the elevator has proven to be very effective. Regarding not having salt, pepper and sugar in the rooms, we avoid using dispensers in our guest rooms in the interest of food safety. Although we do not have a gym, we do have a fitness center with exercise equipment including tread mills, exercise balls and limited free weights. We regret that you are not able to fully enjoy your stay with us. Please let us know if we may of any service to you during the remainder of your stay.

William Bethel
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was wondering before we visited why there are a number of less than glowing reviews of this new Hilton property, and having stayed there, I now understand. The emphasis here is not on the hotel and guest services, but on the time share properties. If you have elite status (diamond or gold with the Hilton), do not expect to see any of the usual loyalty benefits: breakfast, water, a welcome drink, or even attention to your room preferences. If those things are important to you, this isn't the property for you, as other reviewers have noted. We were disappointed to arrive after a long flight and to be told that--although we'd asked for a quiet room on a higher floor--the only available rooms were an "accessible" room with no bath tub and an open transfer shower (great if that is what you've ordered--but it wasn't what we had requested and paid $300 a night for), or one on the first floor of rooms, right on the noisy restaurant, just above street, level, with a lanai door that does not open. A lot of the reason that I try to maintain loyalty is that I got tired of the experience of having to argue my way out of the room in the elevator shaft. We took the accessible room, which faced the backside of the hotel, as it was on floor eight. We could still hear a good deal of traffic noise, and forget sleeping through the early morning garbage pick up. We also heard a lot of banging that night, whether from a room above or beside us, we couldn't tell. In the morning, a sales person first thing tried to get us to sign up for the two-hour time-share info session.

We were, though, able to change rooms the next day. We found Cassel, who worked at the desk, very friendly and helpful (not so much our experience checking in the first evening). We were in a lovely room on the 15th floor for the rest of our stay, and were quite happy. We loved having a kitchen, and it's a very nice little one, with good pots and pans, a good toaster, even a little dishwasher. The kitchen is probably the most unique and pleasant thing about the units. We had no problems with noise on that high floor. it's great to have access to a washer and dryer, and the suite itself was altogether comfortable, with a dining table and small living room area. The bath tub is interesting, with the water pouring from the ceiling into the pipe-free tub. That seems more like a gimmick than a convenience, though--it's a bit awkward to run water while you're in the tub. As others have said, this is a city/ condo experience, rather than a resort experience. The roof top pool is a plunge pool--about a lane wide, with a barrier in the middle. Nice view of the ocean from the roof! The hotel is smack in the middle of the city, surrounded by shops.

Oh--we thought that the coffee machine pod coffee was pretty much undrinkable, so I'd recommend taking along some coffee and a drip cone.

If I knew I could reserve a quiet room on a high floor, I'd stay here again without question. But given the whole experience, I'll try one of the other Hilton's, aimed at the hotel guest rather than the Time Share crowd, next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank literatureprof
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Since most kitchen utensils are assembled, if the retort of rice, chopsticks, a seasoning, and miso soup, etc. are brought, they can make a Japanese-style dish. Probably, boiled rice will be good to cook with a pan or a frying pan. Since ホクラニ had been just opened, its all were new and pleasant. the pool of the roof -- "-- it arranges, and is narrow like す ", and a pool is very an article which cannot be said. Please look forward to about [ included in a Jacuzzi ]. However, I think that it is a place good for commemoration photography since the sea which is hardly visible can be seen from the roof from the room of low floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It's in the center of Waikiki, Beach Walk. Everything is within reach. Very nice staff, kind and helpful. You can enjoy its excellent hospitality behind a secret door at Kalakaua. Will be very happy to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo