“Hearty and homey food”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Zippy's is an economical place to eat comfort food. I was happy to see they had brown rice as a side option. We tried the turkey with gravy and stuffing, brown rice and a salad. We also had the teriyaki chicken sandwich with fries, all really good.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I frequent this fast-food diner and thoroughly enjoy the service and food. The counter ladies are always sooo courteous expecially Marie and the consistency of the food is great. Zippy's is a local institution because they deserve it.

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Service is usually very good. When we go we usually have my 93 y/o Grandma with us & they are very accommodating.
The food is not great, but not bad.
The Zipmin in pretty good. G-ma loves the strawberry waffle & they load it up with strawberry's & whip cream, I'm pretty sure because they know that's how she likes.

1  Thank skyblue420
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I purchased the hamburger steak here and it tasted terrible. It came with two scoops rice and a mac salad. The patty was small considering that they only give you one. The price for plate was about eight bucks and that was not worth it. I have had hamburger steak at other places and they give two patties for a whole lot less money. I would go to Waiakamilo Drive in if I were you. For a little over five bucks you get two patties and the mac salad is even better.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We usually grab a quick bite here, but normally eat frequently at the Hawaii Kai location. Especially after they started serving hot malasadas...mmm