“Exploring Oahu one photo at a time”

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
Sunrise Photo Tour on Oahu
Ranked #12 of 308 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Small group photo and private tours around the island. Limit to 7 people for group tours. Private tours up to 11 people. Photographer and nature guide takes you to landmark sites and hidden locations. Bring your iPhone and/or camera. We take you to local places - not the usual tourist spots. Sunrise Tours, Island Tours, Sunset Tours. Hiking Tours. Book Direct and Save!
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exploring Oahu one photo at a time”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours was so much fun and Marie is so pleasant to be around. Not only was it an enjoyable excursion, but you also receive the one-on-one hands-on photo experience. With over 25 years of photography under her belt, Marie is the go-to-guide for capturing the essence of Oahu. I was surprised by the hidden spots I've never encountered before even though I am a local resident. Overall, I would highly recommend taking a tour with Marie and exploring the hidden gems found only in Hawaii.

3 Thank Jacie M
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Great sunrise photo. We had some incredible weather with perfect lighting, Fantastic day …Mahalo for sharing.

Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for locals and tourists”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This tour was wonderful! My friend and I are both born and raised locals and thought we had seen all of the island. Marie surprised us and brought us to a bunch of beautiful spots that we had never been to before! We captured calm, serene sunrise shots, glistening waves crashing on coral formations, gigantic 40 year old turtles, and a hidden rainforest stream. Marie also taught us some great photography tips that I will definitely use from now on. I would highly recommend Blue Hawaii Photo Tours for locals and tourists for the tour of the island, the picturesque locales that you would never notice otherwise, and the forever-helpful photo lessons.

3 Thank Rachel D
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
When locals come on the photo tours I always wonder if I could ever take them somewhere they haven't been before. Great to hear you loved the tour. Mahalo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Oahu and learn new photography skills”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was one of my favorite experiences in our week long visit. Marie is not only a highly skilled photographer who seems to get joy from teaching her craft, but she is also a great tour guide who was able to teach us about Hawaiian history and culture. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting a unique way to see and capture the Island.

3 Thank Michele Y
I do love sharing our beautiful island and going to places away from the crowds especially with fun guests like you. Mahalo
El Dorado Hills, California
“Fun tourist experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Awesome experience!!!! Thanks Marie! Highly recommend! Learning and taking photos of incredibly beautiful places on Oahu - such an interesting and unique tourist experience!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Diane1289
Mahalo, Diane. See you again next time
Vienna, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Value -- Photography Lessons and Island Tour All in One!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My Sunset Lookout Tour with Marie was one of my favorite activities during my week-long stay on Oahu. Marie shared her knowledge about photography from concept to implementation as well as filling me in on the fascinating history of the island. The sites she chose for our photo shoots were spectacular--I would never have been able to find them on my own. Marie is a gifted instructor who connects easily with her clients. The four hours I spent with her were simply delightful (and a luxurious break from my teenagers, I might add). My only regret is that I didn't do the tour the first day of our vacation. My photos after my lessons with Marie are so much better than my photos before my Blue Hawaii Photo Tours excursion.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank marbrett
Aloha..We had a great time. I'm sending the photo of you at the waterfall. Would love to see some of your macro shots after your workshop