“A great way to see Oahu!”

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
Experience for Yourself
More Info
US$146.60*
and up
Oahu Island Photography Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group photo and private tours around the island. Limit to 7 people for group tours. Private tours up to 11 people. Photographer and nature guide takes you to landmark sites and hidden locations. Bring your iPhone and/or camera. We take you to local places - not the usual tourist spots. Sunrise Tours, Island Tours, Sunset Tours. Hiking Tours. Capture your Aloha Spirit!
Arlington, Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great way to see Oahu!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had only a few days to visit Oahu and was looking for a way to see the island. Blue Hawaii Photo Tours offered a great tour, welcoming and knowledgeable hosts, and a highly enjoyable experience.

The Hosts
Marie and Jim are great! They seem to have a genuine interest in you and your photography. They are knowledgeable photographers and more than happy to share that knowledge. Of course, if you just want to do your own thing, they are happy to let you do so. The instruction is there if you want it, but it is not forced on you. They are happy to help however they can, regardless of your skill level or the type of camera you have.

The Tour
I signed up for the Island Tour. It required an early start! We met at 5:15AM and then drove to Sandy Beach as the sun was rising. We made about six more stops at different beaches, a small waterfall, and at other interesting sites. Perhaps it was the early hour, but there were very few other people present at these locations. The amount of time at each location seemed perfect for me. I tend to take a lot of pictures, adjust settings, and then take a lot more. And even with this approach, I had sufficient time to get all the pictures I wanted.

The Value
I thought this tour was a great value considering the guide-to-guest ratio, the duration of the trip, and the amount of ground we covered.

4 Thank Joshua Q
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Great to have you on the Island Tour..fabulous weather. Lucky to have been in the same location as a TV documentary was being filmed. Nice surprise.

Hamilton, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So worthwhile!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

With a spare day up my sleeve and my husband off doing his own thing, I decided to spend the day with Marie. What a great way to see the island!! She taught me all about how to use my camera and take some great photos. Super friendly and so knowledgeable about the island and all sorts of photography.
Totally recommended to do a tour with Blue Hawaii. I only wish I had the chance to do the sunset tour as well as the island tour :)

3 Thank Sharon O
Ah...yes a great day with lots of beautiful light. Some day you may see me in New Zealand.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exploring Oahu one photo at a time”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours was so much fun and Marie is so pleasant to be around. Not only was it an enjoyable excursion, but you also receive the one-on-one hands-on photo experience. With over 25 years of photography under her belt, Marie is the go-to-guide for capturing the essence of Oahu. I was surprised by the hidden spots I've never encountered before even though I am a local resident. Overall, I would highly recommend taking a tour with Marie and exploring the hidden gems found only in Hawaii.

3 Thank Jacie M
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Great sunrise photo. We had some incredible weather with perfect lighting, Fantastic day …Mahalo for sharing.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for locals and tourists”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This tour was wonderful! My friend and I are both born and raised locals and thought we had seen all of the island. Marie surprised us and brought us to a bunch of beautiful spots that we had never been to before! We captured calm, serene sunrise shots, glistening waves crashing on coral formations, gigantic 40 year old turtles, and a hidden rainforest stream. Marie also taught us some great photography tips that I will definitely use from now on. I would highly recommend Blue Hawaii Photo Tours for locals and tourists for the tour of the island, the picturesque locales that you would never notice otherwise, and the forever-helpful photo lessons.

3 Thank Rachel D
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
When locals come on the photo tours I always wonder if I could ever take them somewhere they haven't been before. Great to hear you loved the tour. Mahalo
Winston Salem, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent way to see Oahu and learn new photography skills”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was one of my favorite experiences in our week long visit. Marie is not only a highly skilled photographer who seems to get joy from teaching her craft, but she is also a great tour guide who was able to teach us about Hawaiian history and culture. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting a unique way to see and capture the Island.

3 Thank Michele Y
I do love sharing our beautiful island and going to places away from the crowds especially with fun guests like you. Mahalo