“Blue Hawaii Photo Tours”

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$146.60*
and up
Oahu Island Photography Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group photo and private tours around the island. Limit to 7 people for group tours. Private tours up to 11 people. Photographer and nature guide takes you to landmark sites and hidden locations. Bring your iPhone and/or camera. We take you to local places - not the usual tourist spots. Sunrise Tours, Island Tours, Sunset Tours. Hiking Tours. Capture your Aloha Spirit!
Albany, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Blue Hawaii Photo Tours”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I went on both the Island and Flower tours with Marie. She was extremely knowledgeable about cameras and places to take super photos. Marie asked what we liked to take photos of and adjusted the tour to our interests. Marie gave all on the tour the attention and instructions we needed to use our cameras and get good shots of the beautiful island and the flowers on it. Also, being able to view the sea turtles basking in the sun was a highlight.

4 Thank efm215
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Aloha We were very lucky to see the Corpse Flower bloom..as it only blooms once every 5-10 years. What a sight! And smell ! Ha..ha.. Glad you got some great photos
Marie

Olathe, Kansas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to Oahu”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I booked the photo tour with the hopes of helping my wife learn how to better use her SLR camera and help me take better photos in general. Both of these goals were met and then some.

Our tour guide was Marie, who was a terrifically fascinating person, and incredibly knowledgeable about local sights and culture as well as an absolute expert in photography. Not only did we learn how to shoot better pictures, but we also learned a lot about Oahu in the course of the tour. My wife and I have been to the island 4 times, and thought we had pretty much visited every part of the island, however we had not and she was able to take us to many places we had never visited before.

We took a sunset tour, which was great because we got to take evening photos, then the sunset photo, and then a little night photography of the Waikiki skyline.

As mentioned Marie makes this tour great by knowing the Hawaiian culture and being an expert photography, but what really tops it off is the sense of friendship you also get from her. She has the type of attitude that when you are done taking the tour, you feel like you not only learned a lot, but that you also gained a new friend.

This tour is definitely a must do while in Oahu, and my wife and I cannot wait to get back to Oahu so we can take another photo tour with Blue Hawaii Photo Tours.

3 Thank joshua b
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We had a great photo adventure together - it was fun hanging out. Had a little rain and got some awesome shots. See you next time. A Hui Hou
Arlington, Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great way to see Oahu!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had only a few days to visit Oahu and was looking for a way to see the island. Blue Hawaii Photo Tours offered a great tour, welcoming and knowledgeable hosts, and a highly enjoyable experience.

The Hosts
Marie and Jim are great! They seem to have a genuine interest in you and your photography. They are knowledgeable photographers and more than happy to share that knowledge. Of course, if you just want to do your own thing, they are happy to let you do so. The instruction is there if you want it, but it is not forced on you. They are happy to help however they can, regardless of your skill level or the type of camera you have.

The Tour
I signed up for the Island Tour. It required an early start! We met at 5:15AM and then drove to Sandy Beach as the sun was rising. We made about six more stops at different beaches, a small waterfall, and at other interesting sites. Perhaps it was the early hour, but there were very few other people present at these locations. The amount of time at each location seemed perfect for me. I tend to take a lot of pictures, adjust settings, and then take a lot more. And even with this approach, I had sufficient time to get all the pictures I wanted.

The Value
I thought this tour was a great value considering the guide-to-guest ratio, the duration of the trip, and the amount of ground we covered.

4 Thank Joshua Q
Great to have you on the Island Tour..fabulous weather. Lucky to have been in the same location as a TV documentary was being filmed. Nice surprise.
Hamilton, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So worthwhile!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

With a spare day up my sleeve and my husband off doing his own thing, I decided to spend the day with Marie. What a great way to see the island!! She taught me all about how to use my camera and take some great photos. Super friendly and so knowledgeable about the island and all sorts of photography.
Totally recommended to do a tour with Blue Hawaii. I only wish I had the chance to do the sunset tour as well as the island tour :)

3 Thank Sharon O
Ah...yes a great day with lots of beautiful light. Some day you may see me in New Zealand.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exploring Oahu one photo at a time”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Blue Hawaii Photo Tours was so much fun and Marie is so pleasant to be around. Not only was it an enjoyable excursion, but you also receive the one-on-one hands-on photo experience. With over 25 years of photography under her belt, Marie is the go-to-guide for capturing the essence of Oahu. I was surprised by the hidden spots I've never encountered before even though I am a local resident. Overall, I would highly recommend taking a tour with Marie and exploring the hidden gems found only in Hawaii.

3 Thank Jacie M
Marie T, Owner at Blue Hawaii Photo Tours, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Great sunrise photo. We had some incredible weather with perfect lighting, Fantastic day …Mahalo for sharing.