“Super value !”

Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Super value !”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Other trip-advisors are correct; this is a great value in Honolulu. Not a 5-star hotel, but for around$165 per nite (plus parking/tax) it was a real bargain. The entrance is "open" (as are most Honolulu hotels), rooms clean and very comfortable, a mediocre breakfast restaurant (which is typical) and a Korean BBQ resturant which I would highly recommend (not gourmet food, but we had lots of fun cooking our own food at our table; but this option is only offered for evening dining). Is in a great location; 1-block from Waikiki Beach,, a 2-3 block walk to Hy's Steakhouse (a must!), and shopping all around. The hotel also has a small pool, spa/massage, and a couple of small shops. Would most definately stay here again on next trip to Honolulu. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Gary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Gray, TN
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My family & friends group stayed at the Waikiki Resort Hotel before and after our Hawaiian cruise. The first night my husband and I were on the 9th floor and I could hear music and people yelling until around midnight, but after that it was fairly quiet. We could see a small strip of beach from our balcony. After the cruise our room was on the 14th floor and it was much quieter. The balcony was on the city side but we could see the mountains in the distance.

We didn't have a car so I'm glad the hotel was within walking distance of food and shopping. The same short walk (about a block or two) gets you to the beach.

The staff was friendly and check-in was swift. We left our bags with the bell captain until we left for the ship and the airport, which was convenient. Many thanks to him and his staff.

Our room was clean, comfortable, and affordable; great for our pre- and post-cruise needs. I would stay at this hotel again for that purpose. Overall it was a positive experience and I'm glad we chose the Waikiki Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors offer better views and are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank TNtravelerGray_TN
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and I must say it was a pleasure. Room service was very accommodating, we got upgraded for free to a higher level room upon arrival (reason I do not recall), and our luggage was stored for several hours upon signing out, before our flight. The only drawback was expensive (and lacking) parking space. Overall though, if you factor parking into your costs and get lucky with parking, this hotel is fantastic and well worth the price. You even get to see some of the ocean from your balcony if you're on a high enough floor!

Room Tip: At above 9th floor you should be able to see the ocean if your room is facing it. Below that, there...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ainxty
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I'm a first timer to Oahu/Waikiki and a first timer to Hawaii in general. This place is located in a great location. It's tucked away from the busy traffic on the main street, very close to the beach (one street up) and central to shops and food. The rooms are clean, and semi modern. It's a great value if you're looking for a clean, quiet, and uncrowded stay in Waikiki. I didn't rent a car in Waikiki as the "TheBus" transportation/tours take me everywhere I need to go, so I can't speak on parking here. But from the looks of it, there is no place to park without paying a hefty fee!

My only complaint is the internet. To have it in the room it will cost approx $10 extra/night. I'm too cheap, so I just opt to take my laptop down to the lobby and internet around each night. Other than that, I love this place and I would recommend. If I come to Waikiki again, I'll make my reservation here!

Room Tip: There are no beach views, but the city views are just as nice!
5 Thank Maddindividual
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a corner room on a high floor (15th) on the beach side of the hotel with a lovely view of the beach to the front. The room itself was quite large and spotlessly clean, in Hawaiian style which I guess could be considered dated. The bed was incredibly comfortable and there was a basic couch. The kitchenette was really handy - mini fridge, plates and cutlery for two, coffee making equipment, but no toaster. The bathroom was nice but we had to get instructions from reception to make the shower work (pull down on the bath tap nozzle even though it looks fixed). The free wi-fi in the foyer only worked intermittently. The street noise from garbage trucks and tourist coaches very early in the mornings (from 5am) got a bit much some days, but then you don't want to miss early morning on Waikiki.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great for having a bit more space and light.
3 Thank Grhingo
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Great location, only one half block from Kuhio Beach where there are free shows most nights. Rooms could use refreshing but comfortable and clean. Staff Is friendly and helpful except for the concierge (male) who seemed more interested in selling timeshares. Big drawback though is the noise from the constant slamming of the steel room doors.This went on all day and night with no consideration for the fact that people were sleeping. Stayed five days and was unable to sleep for two full nights due to noise. Really unfortunate as all other aspects of hotel are great.
Be sure to book the breakfast package as the buffet is extensive and can easily make lunch unnecessary.
TIP: Go across street to Pacific Beach hotel to see their two story aquarium!

3 Thank blnavarremary
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this resort. Our room had a great beach outlook, even though it is one block back from the beach. The room was clean and spacious. Wifi was fast and free in the foyer, but had to pay in the room. A non smoking property which is definitely a bonus. Breakfast was average, only ate there once. Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We had room 1415, great views from the lanai.
4 Thank travelbug1959