“Branden and Vicki have excellent customer service”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for 8 days with my daughter while she transitioned into a apartment. While staying there I needed assistance with one of my rooms and Vicki the manager made sure I was comfortable. She was excellent!! She acted quickly with such professionalism. Branden also assisted me with the change and always had a smile. He also was super professional with excellent customer service!! A definite recommend!! The staff is very helpful and they all act quickly when a problem arises. The rooms were great, pillows firm but soft (perfect) beds comfortable and cleaning staff was also perfect. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. They have several views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nasusgoa
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Much thanks for your generous review of our product and services. Branden and Vicki were elated to read of your plaudits and appreciated you recommending us to others. Should your travel plans bring you back to visit your daughter, please put in a call to either Branden or Vicki. We'd love as they would, to have you back. Again mahalo!

There are newer reviews for Waikiki Resort Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel is impressive from entrance . Inside lobby is just as nice! I rate it as a five since it is well maintained, room service was great and room was better than expected. One quick minor complaint though. We arrived around 1:00 p.m., which is early since check-in is 3:00 p.m.. June , the receptionist, informed me that our room wasn't quite ready but would be soon. That was fine with me. I told her that I would wait with my family in the lobby seated since we were tired from the flight and just wanted to relax. Mind you, the seats are in direct view of the registration counter and there are four of us total. About 2:30 p.m., I went to the counter to see how much longer to wait. June was busy with another person, so I asked another employee, an older gentleman without name badge, The gentleman said " oh, it's been ready for some time." Why then could June not inform us earlier? It wasn't busy at any time since. Good question! Anyway, we got our room , which was 1515. The room was awesome! Two double beds with a rollaway placed in between if we wanted it. We were told that if we didn't, just roll it out to the hallway.Two teen girls did not want to share a bed so it worked out even better! That was good planning and thinking on the staffs part in my opinion. Kudos to them !! The view was impressive both for the water as well as Diamond Head. Plenty of room in the wash basin area. Bathroom isn't large but not uncomfortable to facilitate. Shower was more than adequate. Small tub not designed for bathing but that was fine with us! Small refer, closet, coffee maker ( Wolfgang Puck coffee, excellent, ooohhh!) , safe, hair dryer and iron , located in basin area. Plenty of towels, too. Nice t.v. and clock radio are in the room. Pool is on the second floor, not huge but big enough, and is great for kicking back and relaxing after a long day. Plenty of lounge chairs and was never crowded. If you needed towels for the beach, just check them out from the basement and return them afterwards. Real easy!!! Newspaper every morning in the lobby. Overall, I feel as if I got my moneys worth and MORE here at Waikiki Resort. I would definately recommend the upper rooms as there is street noise early in the morning. Not bad where we stayed but I'm sure it would be worse on lower floors. Two blocks from the beach, so its a real short walk. Oh, did I mention room service was great? Worth another mention!!! One odd quirk though. We received a flyer, left by the maid, informing us that there would be a drapery inspection between 9:00-10:00 a.m. the following day. Is that odd or what ??? We were gone at that time, so I do not know if they actually did this but I found that really strange !!! I felt as if they were checking up on us instead. Peranoid I guess. Never had that happen in ANY hotel that I have stayed at in my LIFE ! Why could they not do that in between reservations? Or why not when the maid was in our room? She was there usually mid-afternoon. Oh well, thats life. Otherwise, great place stay, disregarding the two incidences. Book way in advance to get best rates !!

Room Tip: Upper rooms , I say above 10th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 1960vw

Thank you for taking the time to share with others such a thorough account of your experience with us. We're thrilled that your expectations were exceeded. Granted not a perfect stay by any means but glad you were satisfied overall. Again Mahalo!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The one bedroom suite was perfect for the 4 of us. It was spacious, very clean and so close to the beach. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was pleasant and accommodating, down to the last minute request of a 6pm late check out. We will definitely be back next year and with more family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank candyapples_am
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Placed in the middle of waikiki, honolulu, hawaii makes waikiki one of the strategist hotel location, only 5-10 minutes from the lobby to the beach, 15 minutes to the shopping arcade. It's a plus for a foreigner to choose waikiki resort.

The room
Waikiki resort has a good sanitary for the room, there's no smell in the room, and the toilet itself dry and clean. But the balcony feels so small, and not cozy at all for a sunset, since the balcony surrounded by the building around the waikiki resort.

The facility
It'll be great if the wifi can be use in the room, since the lobby was so warm because there's no door to keep the coolnest of the air conditioner.

The breakfast
One thing that should be fixed by the management is the breakfast. It's an ordinary american breakfast, but so little choose of menu, such as yogurt, pastry and juice.

Conclusion
For an asian tourist like me, waikiki resort got a plus for its location, since Asian love to shop and watch the sunset at the beach. The wifi needs to be improve for a better social facility at the room.

Thank you.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Garry K
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had booked a one bedroom suite in this hotel for our wedding. When checking in our room wasn't ready so we left our bags with the porter who chain them together near his desk. We were advised to come back at 3 pm.
The suite was big and spacious, clean and came with a kitchenette.The kitchenette came with a microwave, plates, cups and cutlery as well as washing up items. They provided towels to use at the beach and also had laundry facitlites, which help on holidays.
We would like to see WiFi available in the room free of charge rather than having to pay or using the free WiFi in the lobby.
During the stay all staff that we encounter were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank theraech
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had never been to Hawaii. Stayed with friends on the 'windward side' then went to Waikiki Resort for the last 5 days. I needed to check in or leave my luggage early and they totally accommodated my request! Got in my room by 11:30am (WOW). Dropped luggage and hit the beach a block away.
Every day I was there, my room was cleaned; new supplies as expected-even left extra coffee for me without asking; stellar view of the beach from my room and working a/c!
My friends home in Kilauea didn't have a/c-most homes don't there-and I didn't know this. yishhhh
The Concierge, Clinton, absolutely set me up with the right restaurants, best way to see Pearl Harbor and a luau. He saved me alot of $'s and was very helpful about what toursit stores to see/avoid.
Restaurants in hotel=look elsewhere

Room Tip: go for an upper room if you do not have kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jrae8101
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Waikiki Resort Hotel in leu of having our family reunion and my birthday celebration. From the time we checked in until our departure we have recieved remarkable service. One person who truly gave us the Aloha experience of Hawaii was Branden. He truly went out of his way to make our stay comfortable and pleasant and hassle and headache free. He always greeted with kindness and made our stay enjoyable. Talk about 5 star service he is the man. He truly made my husband feel at home and we both agree that upon return to HNL that we would stay at the waikiki resort hotel. Thanks Branden for a Ohana feel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family