“Always a pleasure to stay at the Waikiki Resort!”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Kennewick, Washington
“Always a pleasure to stay at the Waikiki Resort!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 6 times and will stay there again in the future! The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous! The rooms are clean and spacious. Although not located on the beach, we loved to get up early and walk the short block to the beach stopping for coffee at the McDonald's on the corner. There is a small laundry room in the basement which was very convenient. The price for the room was very reasonable but we did have to pay for parking.

Room Tip: There are rooms with an ocean view and it is worth the extra money to have one as every we stayed in...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jenita P
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your long-time support and patronage of Waikiki Resort Hotel. I hope you, as many others have, noticed the many subtle improvements we have made over the past few years thanks to feedback from loyal fans such as yourself. Your "home away from home," certainly looks forward to having back again real soon. Mahalo and Aloha.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed in several different hotels in Waikiki over 26 years and Waikiki Resort has been our best experience so far. We have only eaten in one of the restaurants in the hotel and the breakfast is wonderful. The hotel is very clean, and in a great location close to the beach, shopping as well as being near several popular restaurants. The front desk staff Efren, Branden, Nancy, June and Dave, and our housekeeping staff Rocely and Soon Hee were amazing. Any inquiries were answered in a timely manner and delt with efficiently. The employees treat you like family and that pride is shown throughtout the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank WDS91
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel exceeded my expectations. It was both well appointed and quite, making it ideal for the business traveler. The breakfast was reasonably price and very good and the service was excellent. Dave at the front desk particularly impressed me and went out of his way to make the stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YarekN
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Exceeding one's expectations is always the goal and we're happy that we achieved this during your stay. It is always rewarding to see favorable mentions of our employees and certainly Dave is delighted and appreciative of seeing his name. Please come back soon.
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for 8 days with my daughter while she transitioned into a apartment. While staying there I needed assistance with one of my rooms and Vicki the manager made sure I was comfortable. She was excellent!! She acted quickly with such professionalism. Branden also assisted me with the change and always had a smile. He also was super professional with excellent customer service!! A definite recommend!! The staff is very helpful and they all act quickly when a problem arises. The rooms were great, pillows firm but soft (perfect) beds comfortable and cleaning staff was also perfect. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. They have several views!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nasusgoa
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Much thanks for your generous review of our product and services. Branden and Vicki were elated to read of your plaudits and appreciated you recommending us to others. Should your travel plans bring you back to visit your daughter, please put in a call to either Branden or Vicki. We'd love as they would, to have you back. Again mahalo!
sacramento,ca
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel is impressive from entrance . Inside lobby is just as nice! I rate it as a five since it is well maintained, room service was great and room was better than expected. One quick minor complaint though. We arrived around 1:00 p.m., which is early since check-in is 3:00 p.m.. June , the receptionist, informed me that our room wasn't quite ready but would be soon. That was fine with me. I told her that I would wait with my family in the lobby seated since we were tired from the flight and just wanted to relax. Mind you, the seats are in direct view of the registration counter and there are four of us total. About 2:30 p.m., I went to the counter to see how much longer to wait. June was busy with another person, so I asked another employee, an older gentleman without name badge, The gentleman said " oh, it's been ready for some time." Why then could June not inform us earlier? It wasn't busy at any time since. Good question! Anyway, we got our room , which was 1515. The room was awesome! Two double beds with a rollaway placed in between if we wanted it. We were told that if we didn't, just roll it out to the hallway.Two teen girls did not want to share a bed so it worked out even better! That was good planning and thinking on the staffs part in my opinion. Kudos to them !! The view was impressive both for the water as well as Diamond Head. Plenty of room in the wash basin area. Bathroom isn't large but not uncomfortable to facilitate. Shower was more than adequate. Small tub not designed for bathing but that was fine with us! Small refer, closet, coffee maker ( Wolfgang Puck coffee, excellent, ooohhh!) , safe, hair dryer and iron , located in basin area. Plenty of towels, too. Nice t.v. and clock radio are in the room. Pool is on the second floor, not huge but big enough, and is great for kicking back and relaxing after a long day. Plenty of lounge chairs and was never crowded. If you needed towels for the beach, just check them out from the basement and return them afterwards. Real easy!!! Newspaper every morning in the lobby. Overall, I feel as if I got my moneys worth and MORE here at Waikiki Resort. I would definately recommend the upper rooms as there is street noise early in the morning. Not bad where we stayed but I'm sure it would be worse on lower floors. Two blocks from the beach, so its a real short walk. Oh, did I mention room service was great? Worth another mention!!! One odd quirk though. We received a flyer, left by the maid, informing us that there would be a drapery inspection between 9:00-10:00 a.m. the following day. Is that odd or what ??? We were gone at that time, so I do not know if they actually did this but I found that really strange !!! I felt as if they were checking up on us instead. Peranoid I guess. Never had that happen in ANY hotel that I have stayed at in my LIFE ! Why could they not do that in between reservations? Or why not when the maid was in our room? She was there usually mid-afternoon. Oh well, thats life. Otherwise, great place stay, disregarding the two incidences. Book way in advance to get best rates !!

Room Tip: Upper rooms , I say above 10th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 1960vw
Thank you for taking the time to share with others such a thorough account of your experience with us. We're thrilled that your expectations were exceeded. Granted not a perfect stay by any means but glad you were satisfied overall. Again Mahalo!
Whittier, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The one bedroom suite was perfect for the 4 of us. It was spacious, very clean and so close to the beach. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was pleasant and accommodating, down to the last minute request of a 6pm late check out. We will definitely be back next year and with more family!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank candyapples_am
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Placed in the middle of waikiki, honolulu, hawaii makes waikiki one of the strategist hotel location, only 5-10 minutes from the lobby to the beach, 15 minutes to the shopping arcade. It's a plus for a foreigner to choose waikiki resort.

The room
Waikiki resort has a good sanitary for the room, there's no smell in the room, and the toilet itself dry and clean. But the balcony feels so small, and not cozy at all for a sunset, since the balcony surrounded by the building around the waikiki resort.

The facility
It'll be great if the wifi can be use in the room, since the lobby was so warm because there's no door to keep the coolnest of the air conditioner.

The breakfast
One thing that should be fixed by the management is the breakfast. It's an ordinary american breakfast, but so little choose of menu, such as yogurt, pastry and juice.

Conclusion
For an asian tourist like me, waikiki resort got a plus for its location, since Asian love to shop and watch the sunset at the beach. The wifi needs to be improve for a better social facility at the room.

Thank you.