Last week my partner and I spend 6 nights in this hotel. I always check every single review on al lot of different hotels so decided to write one myself this time.
Before we decided which hotel to stay, I again checked many reviews. First I considered to stay in the Coconut Waikiki hotel (often number 1 on these websites). After I spoke to some locals from Hawaiian Airlines and a local travel agency I changed my mind. Both explained to me, that if I wanted to save some money, the Waikiki Resort hotel would be a much better choice. They said it to be recently renovated (which is true, and I am sure construction has been finished by now) and they told me location wise this hotel was a much better choice. Why pay more for a longer walk to the beach or centre while in the mean time both hotels are said to serve good quality? You should save the money to make some good trips.
Location: After I have seen where the Coconut Waikiki (which sure is a good hotel too) hotel is located I don't regret my choice. The Waikiki Resort hotel is seriously 1 minute away from the beach and the boulevard. I haven't had any trouble with traffic or any other disturbing noices. My room was on the 5th floor.
Service: Great! When we arrived there weren't any standard rooms with King bed available (which we booked) and we got an upgrade to a Junior Suite. Transfer is easy to arrange with the bell boy and saves money on the taxi. Check out time is 12, which I find very reasonable. Staff is always ready to help.
Room: spacious. Has 2 flat screens, a kitchenette with (empty) refrigerator (which you can fill with supplies from the ABC shops that are located on every corner of the street) and a coffeemaker (with complementary coffe). Junior Suite has seperate living room. We had 2 balconies. To be honest, the bathroom looked good, was absolutely recently renovated, but is small. Not too small, but this is something that must be said. Shower is great however. No bath. Room was very clean. Housekeeping did good job.
Save some money?
- Parking at the hotel is rather expensive (as for any hotel in Waikiki I guess). Location of the hotel is good, since parking around the Zoo is free. Lots of space every day. It's a 5 minute walk along the boulevard to get there.
- You will find ABC shops every 100m. Shop is reasonably priced, so you can get supplies for your refrigerator or trips.
- I expected Hawaii to be expensive. This appeared to be untrue. There are a lot of restaurants and bars with reasonably priced food.
- Car rental: Many reviews advise you not to rent a car. Although the bus system is good, it takes a lot of time to travel around. You won't reach the good places and you won't have the time to look around and enjoy all the amazing views. We rented a car via www.discounthawaiicarrental.com which is a bargain. It is worth it! We spend two days driving around the island, which is sufficient.
Besides this, the island is great. Better than I expected! There is a lot to do and there are many good beaches.
Have a good trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reputable for its outstanding value and convenience in location, this 275 room hotel is ideally located just steps from famous Waikiki Beach and nearby dining and shopping. This full-service hotel features comfortable guestrooms, meeting rooms, event facilities, two restaurants, a bar lounge, and a swimming pool. Each guest room features air conditioning, 32" flat panel TV, compact refrigerator, coffee-maker, internet access, iron and board, voice mail, and safe. The lobby features complimentary wi-fi access, a business center, and an Expedia concierge desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waikiki Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Resort Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu