“I highly recommend the Waikiki Resort - remodeled in 2008!”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
California
“I highly recommend the Waikiki Resort - remodeled in 2008!”
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I've stayed at this resort many times since 1980. I was happy to discover the place was totally remodeled, very nice! Family orientated, happy welcoming staff, entire place is very clean, within one block of Waikiki beach, walking distance to shopping and the many eating places, felt very safe day or night, bus line available 1 block away and I parked my rental car on-site, self-service laundry, beach towels available. I had a standard room with two queen beds located on the 12th floor, facing east. The closest resort was across the street so that I didn't have to look directly into another resort or apartment. It never bothered me that I couldn't see the ocean or diamond head since I only had to walk 1 block to see the sunset. Expect the sounds of a busy vacation spot during the day. It quiets down at night or take a drive to another part of the island. We did and had the beach area to ourselves. My room was supplied with a small refrigerator, coffee maker, new furnishings, flat screen, new clean mattress. We had the choice to swim in the pool or ocean. Check out the swap meet for major savings on the same items sold at the local stores at a fraction of the price. It's held at the Aloha Stadium every Weds, Sat, Sunday. I didn't post photos because the photos posted for Waikiki Resort are authentic, no need to repeat them. I felt so relieved that my accommodations surpassed my expectations that I soon found myself truly on a relaxing vacation in paradise. Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank njoynlifeCalifornia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We visit Hawaii every year, and this year we were fortunate to find the secret jewell of Waikiki - The Waikiki Resort Hotel.
Great location, excellent views, courteous staff, all around great !!!!!!
Thank you especially to Manager Ryan Thayer, Brandon Gaspar, and smiley Nancy Short.
We certainly are looking forward to seeing you next year, God Wiling.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank patrida
Adleaide
Reviewed 22 March 2010

My Husband and I found great airfares to Honolulu so were after a reasonably priced hotel in Waikiki Beach. This Hotel fitted the bill and exceeded our expectations by a long shot. We arrived early and as our room wasn't to be ready until 3pm, we had breakfast at a nearby restaurant and then returned to the hotel and relaxed by the pool until it was ready for us. We had booked a standard room but were pleasantly surprised to be told that we had been given an upgrade to a suite on the 14th floor. The suite was well laid out with comfortable seating and a flat screened tv. There was a small, well equipped kitchen corner and a balcony offering views across the city. We had a small view of the beach and surfers between two of the buildings, but as the beachfront was literally 100metres from the front entrance of the Hotel that didn't matter. There was a well stocked gift shop and two restaurants within the Hotel, but we were more interested in trying a variety of different places so did not eat at either of them. This Hotel is used by Korean Airlines aircrew and passengers, so the restaurants focused on Korean foods.
We didn't have a lot of contact with the staff, but what little we did found them to be helpful and courteous. Best thing about this Hotel is location and cost. Only disadvantage we found was that our room was right next to the lifts and could be a little noisy because of that. But as we were so fortunate to be upgraded, there was no way we would have complained or commented on that. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for absolute bargain accommodation and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gladys19
Victoria
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We got a really good deal by booking online with this hotel. I also liked that it isn't right on main drag. The best part was the air conditioning. In general it was quiet but at night if it was windy the balcony door would rattle and wake us up. That was it's only down-fall. Still a great choice for Honolulu.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I would like to say a great be Mahalo to the hotel staff, particularly Nancy, Mitzi, and Brandon for all their hard work and friendliness they showed our group at the hotel. Their professionalism and positive charisma were refreshing when they checked our group of 40 people in. They made my life and job much easier. I recommend them for all large group gatherings. The breakfast staff is wonderful and very responsive to all our needs.

Mahalo!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
So.Cal
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights in February for the first time. I had seen the hotel on previous trips and had eaten at the restaurant. This was a casual, relaxing place to stay. I had the partial ocean view which made it nice to sit out on the lanai in the mornings with a cup of coffee. All the staff I came into contact with at the front desk were pleasant, as was the man at the tour desk.

The location is great, 1/2 block to the beach. Because it is not on the main street, it does not have all the hustle and bustle. It was convenient to lots of shopping and restaurants. Beach towels were available just steps opposite the elevators. Some hotels direct you to a lower level to check one beach towel in and out. Here you could take what you need and return to the same place.

Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank SoCalJunebug
California
Reviewed 18 March 2010

This was my 3rd time staying at the Waikiki Resort Hotel and the 1st time after its major renovation. I wanna stay in the hotel for 5 nites and would like to take the advantage of the “pay 2 nites and 3rd nite FREE” offer on the hotel website, but funny that I could not get this offer if I booked for 5 nites (I assumed that I will pay for 4 nites and got 1 nite free), so I had to break it into 2 booking, one for 2 nites and one for 3 nites in order to get the 1 nite free on the 3 nites booking, their system is a bit odd, but I got free breakfast for two for all 5 days, which was an extra bonus. The overall deal was a real bargin especially for a hotel in a good location and so close to the Waikiki beach.

Before arrival I had requested for a room on the higher floor with a nice view (I booked for Partial Ocean View Room) and got a very nice room on the 15th floor. Very nice view of the ocean (partially blocked by the 2 hotels in the front) and the room was of good size, very clean and new with flat screen TV, lots of channels to choose from, basic amenities included, but the mattress was kind of soft. Breakfast was basic but good and lots of customers are from the nearby hotels. The parking fee was $18 which is high but quite common in Waikiki and the parking spaces were quite big when compared to other hotels in Waikiki. They also charge $9.95 a day for in-room internet, but there is free wifi in the hotel lobby and you can use it in the lobby for hours in a very comfy environment, so don’t bother to pay for the internet. All the staff (from front desk to restaurant to housekeeping to bell desk) there was very nice and friendly and willing to help you at all time

The location of this hotel is perfect with a 24-hour McDonald round the corner, ½ block to the beach and ½ block to Kuhio Street where all the major bus lines stops there. This hotel is basically in the center of everything and very convenience for shopping, dinning and all kind of activities. I will definitely stay there again and have no doubt in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends