“Great experience”

Waikiki Resort Hotel
Ranked #42 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 October 2010

We got a great deal: flight+hotel and it worth every penny.
The room - it was bachelor suite - was spacious and very clean, small, but well set kitchen with fridge and sink, nice washroom. We loved breakfast, which were a part of our package.
Great selection of food and friendly service stuff.
Overall we found everybody very friendly and helpful and taking that opportunity we would like to say special thanks to Nancy at the front desk, door bell guy - George, room service attendant Amelia. Thank you all for making our vacation so comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AFND
Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed 28 October 2010

It was a pleasant experience that my family and I enjoyed. Our church event was more than I expected! The kamaaina rate and 50% off breakfast buffet was great and affordable! Mahalo!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The pluses first: Nice bell hop staff and nice concierge. Super close to the beach, Yay! OK rates, yes. Nice little cafe off the lobby. Nice breezy open-air lobby. Cool fountain out front.
Now the pesky negatives: My husband and I travelled with another couple. They checked in first and guess what, they got the last kingsize bed. That's right, folks. We insisted on staying at the Waikiki Resort Hotel and our thanks was denial of a kingsize bed. Instead, we got two doubles and a poor view and the tiniest tub in the world, which was still an improvement over the tinier shower we had on the cruise ship and the cheapo shower curtain at the Aqua Wave. Said they would have a king size open up the next day, but we were only staying two days, so we said forget it. If they wanted a positive review, they should have offered us an upgrade, as the Aqua Wave offered to our friends, but refused us. (hmmmm, wonder who we pissed off?) Anyway, we can not recommend this hotel to our fellow travelers. Stay at the Waikiki Circle, instead, perhaps?

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
HtlManager, General Manager at Waikiki Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts on your recent visit. I'm glad you enjoyed the location but regret that because of high occupancy levels, we were not able to fulfill your bedding request. I trust and hope that the rest of your island and cruise experience was most memorable. We urge you to stay with us again should you return to the islands in hopes that you may find your recent experience as representing an exception rather than the norm when it comes to Waikiki Resort Hotel. Again Mahalo and Aloha.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

My Dad lives in Maui and we were visiting him, he encouraged us to at least spend a day or two in Oahu. Upon searching for a hotel in the Waikiki area I stumbled upon the Waikiki resort and their Hawaii resident rate so we had Dad book it for the three of us to stay.
What a great location! Only a block from the beach near the statue of Duke Kahanamoku, our room was on the 18th floor and between the other hotels we could see the ocean and the hills from our balcony.
I would have loved to have spent more than one night. Our room was clean and very quiet. The only thing was that I couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on (pull down under the faucet) but once we figured it out it was all good. I wanted to check out the pool but we just ran out of time.
The breakfast buffet was great, not too small that we were disappointed like some hotel breakfast buffets but not so big that we felt overwhelmed. There was great variety and everything tasted wonderful.
All employees were friendly and it was a overall a very nice place. If I ever return to Oahu, I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank camoang

Mahalo for making Waikiki Resort your place of stay as a stopover on your trip to Maui. We're so glad you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the hotel's close proximity to famous Waikiki Beach. We'd love to welcome you back on future visits to see your Dad but would encourage you to stay longer. Again Mahalo and Aloha.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed at the Waikiki Resort Hotel for only two nights while I was in Honolulu on business. I live in a rural area of the Big Island, and when I have to travel to attend meetings in Waikiki, it is a challenge to find a conveniently located, reasonably priced, and pleasant place to stay. The Waikiki Resort is all that and more--the front desk staff was invariably pleasant and helpful when I stopped by, June (sp?) checked me in and was careful to explain that there was construction near my room and ask if that would be a problem. Since I was gone from 7am to 5pm, it wasn't. My room had a lovely lanai with an ocean and mountain view. I will say that the early morning buses lining up on the street outside were noisy, but I never travel without earplugs and they took care of that problem!

Everyone was very helpful and friendly, which I know is not always the case in Waikiki. The room was very comfortable and I appreciated the safe for my notebook computer and valuables while I went out for walks on the beach. The in-room coffeemaker was nice too. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, especially the soups changing daily.

I've already recommended this place to colleagues and friends as a great value in Waikiki.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank corisline

Thank you for choosing to make Waikiki Resort Hotel your place of stay when travelling to Oahu. Your generous mention of recommending us to others, particularly if they are seeking great location and best value, is much appreciated. We look forward to many more visits. Mahalo nui loa.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed three nights pre-cruise and this was part of our package when booked with an on-line travel agent. Our package also included the breakfast buffet which was good each day. Loved the variety and the fresh pineapple!
The open lobby was visually lovely and always clean. Our room was always clean and very comfortable. Nice having an ironing board and iron in the room, thank you but I thought they had blow dryers in rooms but they didnt so I had bad hair days for three days, but then again, with all the wind, it probably wouldnt have mattered!!
My husband and I married while staying there and I have to say that James, who worked at the bellman desk was super! He called The Bus for us and got the route and times for us to go get a marriage licence. He also took pictures of us with our cell phone in our wedding attire while we waited for our limo. We appreciated it and will never forget it.
Being from the east coast, we did not sleep well due to the time change, being up most mornings around 2am. We walked up one short block to the beach and felt very safe even at 2am. Thank you for a wonderful stay Waikiki Resort Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

First of all congratulations on being newlyweds. We take pride in the utmost emphasis we place on the quality of our guest experience and it is gratifying for our team members when they hear of another plaudit. Thank you for complimenting James. Your comment on your blow dryer is regretful since we do have them in each of our guest rooms although you might not have noticed it in a white cloth bag. We urge you to come back for an anniversary visit. Meanwhile, we convey our sincerest wishes for a fulfilling and blissful life with one another.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

The hotel was clean, tidy and convenient
Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple