There are good and bad things about this hotel...
The price is very reasonable, it won't kill your budget.
You get vouchers for breakfast at IHOP so you get nice breakfast.
The concierge desk staff will help you book any excursions.
The rooms are a nice descent size, you get microwave and fridge.
The hotel is 5 min away from a hip nightclub Addiction at Modern Honolulu hotel.
While the hotel is in Waikiki it's not in the center of "action". If you want to go to Dukes or International Market it's a good 25 min walk. There is a trolley that goes there from Hilton but nobody could give us accurate information whether it was free or what time it goes. We later found out it was every 30 min.
We booked a partial ocean view room with 2 queen beds but when we arrived we got a room with one king bed and one pullout sofa. When we asked for a room we actually booked they couldn't give us another one and stated the rooms they provide are guaranteed in the category requested(partial ocean view) not in the amount of beds requested. I was very displeased about it and asked for another room once more- they showed us to a room on a lower floor which didn't have any view so we decided to stay in original room. We were not offered any discount or anything for the inconvenience.
The bathrooms were a little outdated, the tub and shower faucet should be replaced with newer items as they looked "used up".
I personally like to be close to city center so I'd not stay in this hotel again. It's just too far out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy convenient guest room comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, iHome alarm clock radio, credit card laundry facilities, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki/Ala Moana Shuttle service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. Also includes access to the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu