We just returned from our stay at the Aqua Palms and were quite satisfied. Our party had two rooms on the 5th floor -- one with two queen beds and one with a king bed + sofa bed. Both rooms had microwaves and mini-fridges. Our rooms were at the back of the hotel facing a construction site. Construction began at 7am each weekday; we could hear the noise through our balcony door, but it was not terribly disruptive.
As noted by other reviewers, the hotel's location makes it a great choice for anyone interested in the hustle and bustle of Waikiki. We walked to the beach at Fort DeRussy Beach Park and went to the military museum there. We also took advantage of the dining options at the Hilton Hawaiian Village across the street.
I was really impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at the Aqua Palms. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff to the bell man to the front desk staff, greeted us daily and offered advice when asked. A front desk employee pointed us to the Shore Bird at one of the Outrigger properties for breakfast... It was perfect! A different front desk employee directed us to the beach at Fort DeRussy. The kindness and politeness of every employee we encountered made us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay.
I agree with other reviewers that the parking lot is very tight and a little dangerous (parking was $25/night). However, there are so many buses and trolleys to take you to some of the main attractions that you may not need a car.
I also agree with other reviewers that this is not really a boutique hotel. It is a middle-tier property with a great location. That said, we had a comfortable and enjoyable stay and would stay at the Aqua Palms again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy convenient guest room comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, iHome alarm clock radio, credit card laundry facilities, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki/Ala Moana Shuttle service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. Also includes access to the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu