We booked a package of 6 nights for the end of January beginning of February 2014.
The hotel is located on one of the main roads of Waikiki and I agree with the other comments here, if your room faces the ocean the street noise can be bothersome. We had a room on the 9th floor and we still had to close the balcony door when watching TV.
Check in was efficient, although the staff had only partial items of our package. This became a nuisance as I had to constantly follow up with the front desk staff to get the rest of the items from our package. There was never an apology offered, we checked in on a Monday and on Friday we finally got most of the items from the package.
Room was clean and roomy, although the room started to show its age. The room has a private balcony with two chairs and a small table. We also had a sofa and a table with 2 chairs in the room. The bathroom was very small, only one person fits at the time. The shower head needed to be replaced as there was hardly any water coming out.
There is a small kitchen cabinet with a microwave and a refrigerator there too.
Housekeeping was good and efficient. The restocking of bathroom amenities was rather interesting as some days we got only shampoo, other days we got shampoo and conditioner and then on two occasions we got also bath gel. Every day we got a different brand, it looked like that they were trying to finish up old products.
Room had free wi-fi, which was a big plus.
We booked a room with partial ocean view and when you book a room of this category our higher you have breakfast included. The hotel itself does not have a restaurant, You are issued breakfast vouchers for the adjacent IHOP restaurant. There you have 3 options. Unfortunately the service at the restaurant was not that great. I assume that the service staff was not too worried since the gratuity was already covered by the voucher.
They have a coffee machine in the lobby 24 hours a day and during the main day hours there is also free water. There is also a basket with apples at the front desk.
Parking is, as noted by other reviewers, kind of difficult at first. We had to check in first to get our room key to open the gate to the garage, but after that it was pretty easy. I would not recommend to rent a large car as some of the spaces in the garage and the ramps with its curves are rather tight. Parking is $25 a day with in and out privileges.
We would probably stay there again, because of its price-value. If the hotel was more expensive it would not be worth it.
Also the staff needs to make sure that when guests are booking a package everything is ready at check in. The guests should not have to inquire for 4 days before the problem is being solved..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Palms Waikiki is a boutique hotel located 1 block to the beach and across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village. This hotel is a short stroll to Ala Moana Shopping Center and in close proximity to the Hawaii Convention Center. During your stay, you'll enjoy convenient guest room comforts like Aqua BLISS pillow top beds, 42-inch LCD TV's, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, iHome alarm clock radio, credit card laundry facilities, and a coffeemaker. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Palms Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), beach towel and chair rentals, Waikiki/Ala Moana Shuttle service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. Also includes access to the fitness center, pool and sundeck with a barbeque grill, and coffee and water service in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Palms Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Hotel
- Aqua Palms Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Spa Honolulu
- Aqua Palms Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu