Aqua Palms Waikiki
US$482
US$605
US$574
  • Pool
The Equus Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$574
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
OHANA Waikiki Malia by Outrigger(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$1,663
TripAdvisor
1,953 results
All reviewsthe hilton hawaiian villageacross the streetala moana blvdfree appleswailana coffee housefridge and microwaveparking garagecoffee makerdvd playermin walkdiamond headred lobsterfree shuttlebeach towelsstreet noiseflat screenwithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived at Aqua Palms after a week stay on Kauai. When we arrived our room was not ready yet..check in is at 3pm. We arrived at 12pm. The man at the front desk offered us an upgrade to a one bedroom suit that was ready and waiting for us if we wanted it. We had to pay extra of course, but he even let us go up to the room to look at it before we agreed to the upgrade which was nice. It was a beautiful suit on the top floor so we decided to take it. Housekeeping came everyday and made the bed and gave new towels which was great. The only things that could have been better was that the water in the bathroom from the shower as well as the sink had TERRIBLE water pressure! Also even with being on the top floor we heard ALL the noise that was coming from the street which was kind of annoying since Honolulu is a busy city that doesn't really have a quite time. However, if those are the only things that weren't perfect I would say we were lucky that we had an awesome vacation and stay at the palms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Aloha Dana K:

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

I'm delighted to see that you were able to upgrade your accommodations to a one bedroom suite and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully you will make it a tradition to return each year for your anniversary.

Until next time......

Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a young solo female traveller, I spent a long time trying to find a balance between location and price when planning my Hawaiian vacation. Aqua Palms Waikiki did not let me down in either of those. The location was great, I felt super safe and secure slightly away from Waikiki beach. Having bus stops mere steps away from the entrance made exploring great, and the beach was only a short walk through the Hilton village. The room was clean, modern and great for the price I paid (which was at the lower end of the expensive!).
I only ever really use hotels as a place to sleep, so I can't speak by way of amenities, but it's definitely somewhere I would book into again. I found that the staff were not overly welcoming or friendly, which I did experience on other Hawaiian islands, and I think maybe as a solo traveller, hotels are too eager to please honeymooners and families instead.
Overall: great location, okay hospitality, amazing price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank chloejade17
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Aloha chloejade17:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

It is great to hear that we met almost all of your needs and were a great base for exploration.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that you felt that the staff wasn't very friendly. The staff is one of our greatest assets of the property and is usually one of the highest marks we get.

I'm delighted to hear that you would come back and visit us again and we look forward to the opportunity to show you our true aloha spirit!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Aqua Palms Waikiki was a great hotel....the staff were friendly, the rooms were beautiful. It was mine and my husbands first visit to Hawaii and our stay at the Aqua Palms was very enjoyable. I will definitely recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila B
aquapalmsandspa, General Manager at Aqua Palms Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Aloha Shelia B:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

It's is great to see that we made your first trip to Hawaii a memorable one and that you will share your experience with all your friends and family!

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable hotel. My family and I stayed there for a week and the one complaint we had was the "tourist" prices at the IHOP downstairs. The Hotel "key" gives you a 10% discount when you go to IHOP downstairs-great idea!

So here are the PROS:
Price
Location
Workers attitude and friendliness-Lester, the bellhop was awesome and friendly.
Balcony facing Diamond head was nice, as you look at Hilton Waikiki. Hopefully Hilton guests were as comfortable as us (LOL)

CONS:
We did not experience any.

NOTE: Military members contact Hickam MWR for awesome rates at Waikiki Hotels.

Also Alamo car rental at the Discovery Center (1 block away) had the best rates. (66$ per day).

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Theron S

Aloha Theron S:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I loved to see all the pros and no cons! I will be sure to pass along your comments to Lester, I'm glad he was able to assist you.

Yes, we do offer special rates to our military friends and want to make sure that we take great care of you for all that you do to serve and protect.

Please be sure and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We were here for a week and all in all it was fine. It isn't as fancy as the Hilton across the street, but it is clean and a lot less expensive. They have laundry facilities. We got a queen room which has more room than a king room and the queen room has a half tub (good if you have a baby who likes bath time like we do). They offer beach towels and chairs you can use for free. The parking lot is a bit tight so make sure you park as early as possible to get the best spaces. It is $25 a night to park. You are at the quieter end of Waikiki Beach so if you like busy, it's not for you. We walked across the street and accessed the beach at the Hilton. There is a huge mall within walking distance in both directions on the Main Street and a small grocery store around the corner.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ladysusan26

Aloha LadySusan26:

Mahalo for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Aqua Palms Waikiki.

I'm delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful week at the Palms here in Waikiki.

All of the staff and management to look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.