“Amazing forest! Beatiful view!”
Review of Manoa Falls

and up
Manoa Waterfalls Run and Hike Tour
Ranked #21 of 335 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This is hands down the most amazing thing that I've ever seen in my entire life!!!
Just when you start the trail, you will be amused by the astonishing view of a rainforest type of flora. I felt I was in the Jurassic Park movie!
The hike would have been pretty easy if it wasn't because of the slippery mud. The waterfal was also beatiful!
Tip: bring extra pair of shoes! After the hike you would want to get changed! Also, come to this hike as one of your last sporty activity, because the shoes will get so dirty you would have to wash them before using again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,026)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"take your time"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Even the locals talk about how the caretakers have let this trail go down hill quickly. I hiked here in Sept 2012 and again in Sept 2013. There is a big difference between the two experiences. The most recent experience being very dangerous. Half of our party fell and injured themselves, one person quite badly. And this isn't "user error" as I had done this hike before and made sure everyone had good stable, grippy shoes in preparation for the mud as well as walking sticks. A local working in the nearby shop even said it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. The caretakers aren't caring for the trail enough to keep it safe. My friends who live there won't walk the trail anymore because of how dangerously slippery it is. So please be VERY careful. The vegetation is very cool. Last we went, it may have been super slippery but there hadn't been rain so the waterfall was tiny...it's pretty when it's really going.

Hopefully something will be done soon to correct this situation so others can enjoy the beauty safely.

This was a Family trip (all adults), but Tripadvisor didn't give me that option so I picked the closest one, Family (teens).

6  Thank ComeFlyWithMe_Carly
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Going to Manoa Falls was a last minute decision. We were not prepared! The rainforest was Beautiful! The hike was tough. A must: OLD sneakers/hiking boots, Last part of the hike very muddy and slippery, NO SANDALS; Long sleeves/pants, bug spray, mosquitos bites galore! The hike took me an hour going up, not in the best of shape. The waterfalls were a disappointment, after the hike. Pretty small, not a lot of room for spectators.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hike to Manoa falls is not that long and really is unique if done during the rainy times - vs doing it during the dry ones.