“Muddy but fun”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Muddy but fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

It rained for a few days so when we hiked it was slippery and gripping on trees and our hiking sticks so we didn't sprain an ankle. It was humid too so hydrate whenever you do a hike. The end of this hike was awesome. I loved it. What's not to love about waterfalls? One of the many memories I will take with me when we move.

Visited August 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went there last year and were quite surprised to find a totally different side of Oahu. As closer as you come towards the waterfall, there rainier it gets so be sure to bring a rain jacket and maybe also a walking stick because it is pretty muddy and slippery especially when going back down. I wore hiking shoes and was glad for that. We also saw women wearing flip flops ore even high heels and I still wonder how they made it towards the waterfall and back. this is definitely not the place to show off, ladies. The plants and flowers were beautiful and astonishing and I took a lot of amazing pictures. The waterfalls itself is a nice setting for wonderful pictures. We didn't do it, but also saw guided tours.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Angelinamemay
Fort Dix, New Jersey
“Loved this adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went with my husband. We had such an amazing time! Was very muddy when we were there but the tour we took to the fall was so cool and informative. Very beautiful! Was serene and calming to hike the beautiful trail!

Visited July 2013
Waterloo, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Almost didn't go on this hike. My husband and 2 daughters, ages 12 and 14 went. We all loved it, especially the first part of hike that really does feel like a scene from Jurassic Park. We wore water shoes and they worked great for us. It's not a long hike but we stopped for a lot of pictures and just to look. It's been a highlight of our trip.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kathryn7497
Springfield, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jurassic hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was one of my favorite experiences of our recent trip to the Islands. The waterfall is gorgeous but the hike is amazing. It is like being in Jurassic Park! Bamboo forest, beautiful views of the landscape and trees and flowers everywhere. The hike is fairly easy and less than a mile each way. Good for all ages and not too far outside of Waikiki. We ate lunch and had shave ice at Rainbow's End, and shopped at the gift store. All wonderful, plus it's fun to be in the places where celebrities have visited -- check out the photos behind the counter. Don't miss this!

Visited May 2014