“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Hotel Renew

Hotel Renew
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful . Nothing was any trouble . I celebrated my birthday in Honolulu and was surprised to find a beautiful presentation of fruit in our room with compliments of the hotel .The complimentary breakfast was delicious and sufficient to see you until late lunch.Our room was an ocean view and I would highly recommend this option. I will certainly stay again and hopefully it will be soon rather than later

Room Tip: Top floors with ocean view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank FelicitaC
There are newer reviews for Hotel Renew

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have been to Waikiki many times and have stayed in some of the larger resort hotels and I have to say that the customer service provided by the staff at the Hotel Renew is far superior to any I have experienced there.

All of the staff greeted you with a smile and were helpful to assist any way that they could. I needed to print out an itinerary and they let me use the front desk computer and printer. They even offered to store and keep watch of my friends bicycle.

The hotel offers clean beach towels and boogie boards free.

The breakfast was good and adequate to get the day started. The only issue was finding a place ot sit as it gets crowded for breakfast. My recommendation is to get there early to ensure you get a seat.

The room was a premium ocean view room with a king size bed on the 6th floor. It was very modern and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and I liked the fact that there are rolling shutters on the windows. These rooms look out into the pool area of the Aston Waikiki and then to the ocean beyond. The bathrooms could use more lighting, especially in the shower. It was a bit dark, even with both sets of lights turned on. The A/C is a bit loud in the room but I didn't mind it so much because it drowned out the noise coming from the outdoor bar at the Aston at night.

There is no swimming pool at this hotel. Personally, I prefer the beach anyway and so that was not an issue for me.

Finally, the hotel is very close and within walking distance to the beach, park, aquarium, zoo, and many nice restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a smaller hotel experience with excellent service and great rooms.

2  Thank Gilfillan_12
Reviewed 2 April 2012

They have great service here. The location is close enough to walk to restaurants and the beach. Breakfast is light with fruit cereal and pastries but alright for complimentary.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stayed here last week of March 2012 and the hotel met my needs - wifi in room, clean, neat, good location (although at very end of strip - not centrally located in strip) Convenient location with Starbucks next door and a great resaturant next door called Tikis I recommend.

The continental breakfast is complimentary and is decent although sometimes gets croweded in mornings with a lot of people in a small lounge.

Overall a nice hotel with convenience but maybe a little over priced but then again, all hotels on Waikiki I'm sure are overpriced!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank guch007
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel is fantastic. The staff is friendly, resourceful and accommodating. The location is super convenient, 30 seconds to the beach with buses and trolleys (tram-like buses) almost at the front door. We didn't get an ocean view room but the room we got was on the top floor which was beyond amazing.
Greeted by Michael (who was awesome) with icy clean towels and pineapple juice at check-in, which was great after our long flight in. We then got a detail rundown of the facilities as we were guided to our room by a young staff (he was also awesome), which included WiFi and breakfast. The room was very tidy, clean and modern, just the way we like it.
We stayed in big-name hotels before and this hotel blows most of them out of the water in terms of customer service, room comfort and value for money.
This hotel is one of the reasons we miss Hawaii!

plouie, Manager at Hotel Renew, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Jerry-Kiwi,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Renew for your recent travels. It is always a pleasure to hear such nice feedback from past guests. We enjoyed having you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Mahalo,

D. Sakakibara

Reviewed 31 March 2012

When we entered the hotel we were Impressed first with the modern design, and then the service offered by the receptionists who handed us towels and pineapple juice while we were checking-in. The receptionisits are very welcoming and friendly.

The room is not small at all considering alot of hotel reviews says US hotel rooms are tiny. The bed is quite big and comfortable, design is modern and clean. It has a safe and bathropes in the wardrobe. They generously replenish new a bottle of hair wash even if the old one has not finished. And we have been to many hotels that don't.

The hotel is close to the zoo, short walk to the beach front, perfect for watching sunset, you can walk to the main shopping area and alot of good restaurants, if you don't want to walk, trolley stop is just nearby.

The downside: the pillow is very slouchy so you really won't know what to do with it. The blanket has no cover, there's is on a flat sheet over it. The design of the basin in toilet is not good , it kept leaking water since the tap is very close to the edge of the basin.

Don't forget to put tips in the little box on the desk :)

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Let me start off by saying, this hotel was perfect for our needs since we were doing a lot of sightseeing on the island, but do not expect a luxury hotel/resort.

Location was great, just a block off the beach at a quieter end of Waikiki (but by no means out of the action). The hotel was clean, rooms were functional (a little dark and could have used a bit of updating) and breakfast was a nice touch. The staff was really incredible, going out of their way to help, answering questions and giving great information. The price could not be beat. If you are planning on doing a lot of sightseeing and using the hotel for a home base I'd recommend. If you are looking for a resort, this isn't your place.

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor and it wasn't noisy at all. Didn't have a good view though.