Hotel Renew
  • Restaurant
Waikiki Resort Hotel(Honolulu)
  • Free Internet
2,321 results
All reviewspineapple juicecontinental breakfastboutique hotellighting systemwaikiki beachbeach matssmall hotelbottle of champagneour honeymoonhalf blockgreat boutiquethe breakfast areaocean viewvalet parkingabc storeamenity feediamond head
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My third visit here in 20 months but I'd be very hesitant to recommend after this stay .It has been taken over by the Aston group of Hotels and what used to be complimentary eg beach towels ,chairs , wifi ,light breakfast now involves a resort fee of $25 plus tax per night ! There is a coffee pod machine in your room and 2 complimentary pods are provided during your stay ! Doesn't matter if you stay one night or more only 2 !!Extra available at a charge .Oh ,use of a pool in another hotel is down the street and around the corner My room 501 was beside a double lift and opposite the ice making machine which is used 24/ 7 so not ideal for sleep . Staff are very friendly and helpful but this hotel now longer has the boutique feeling .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank FelicitaC
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week.
We had small room but we only slept there!
Service was perfect.
Room was clean. Cleaning lady was so sweet and nice.
Our room was quiet, even it's close to beach and busy street.
There is garbage truck come by in the morning but we are up and ready to go eat breakfast And play!
Continental break fast is ok.
It's gets tired of it after a couple days.
Juice, coffee, tea, pastries and fruits.
$15 per day per person for amenity fee kinda pissed me off but everything in Hawaii is expensive so just let it go...
You can borrow beach mat and towel, very handy.
People are so nice too. I will stray again, and recommend to others.
O, Our fridge was not cold...
Location was fantastic!
Close to bus stop, stores, beaches.

1週間ほど滞在しました。
小さい部屋ですが、モダンで綺麗なホテルです。
気に入らない事は一つだけですが頭に入れておいてください。一人一日$15のアメニティー代を請求されます。それは朝ごはん代、DVDレンタル、アストン経由のプールとジムが使える、金庫利用の代金だそうです。

着いたら冷たいタオルとパイナップルジュースで迎えてくれます。質問は大体のことを教えてくれます。

今度また滞在してもいいなと思うホテルです。

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hiroko-chan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Granted it was a fair while ago now that we stayed at this hotel, but I really should review is as it was so good! We stayed here after much searching for a hotel that got good reviews, was a good price and in a good location. This has all 3.
It was an easy stagger back from the bars and beach, the staff were all young and friendly, and went out of their way to help you. We were able to 'rent' beach seats and towels for free each day, and the valet parking was quick easy and friendly.

The room was small-ish I guess, but more than adequate for our needs, we didn't spend much time in there, its Hawaii after all. The bed was comfy, the decor is modern and contemporary, the bathroom clean and shiny. I didn't get my white gloves out to check for dust on the top of doors or under the bed, but then that's probably because I'm not bothered about tiny imperfections that bother other reviewers of hotels (no idea if anyone has done this here either, its not important!)

We happened to be there for my birthday, we didn't mention it to the hotel or anything, my wife brought some cards for me to open from friends and family, and I left them on the desk. when we got back at night, there was a chopped fruit selection waiting in our room, and a note wishing me a happy birthday. That's the type of small touch that goes a long way to make people smile. Couldn't fault it. Yes there was a resort fee, but I'm getting used to that everywhere nowadays, and did cover parking so cant complain.

Oh, and if you want to go eat /drink somewhere nice, to go Lulu's on the corner of Kapahulu and Kalakaua Ave, its only a couple of hundred yards towards the beach,and well worth it

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Simon F
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for a week earlier this month, the location is great, a short stroll to the beach, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean (the air con did have a little bit of a musky smell to it) and we had a partial ocean view. The free breakfast was really only fruit, croissants and muffins (no cereal or toast) but overall we were very happy with the hotel and our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kylie M
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Service was great. Early check-in and room request were granted. Very close to Waikiki beach walk and the Shell, which is why we chose this hotel. As noted in other reviews, there was a minor funky odor to the room. They offer a room fragrance for free, but that stuff tends to give my wife headaches so we passed. Good news, the smell wasn't noticeable after 10 minutes in the room.

Overall, we would probably try another hotel if we are in the area again, but this hotel is a good option if you can find a good rate. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a property near he Waikiki Shell.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple