“I'll be back”
Review of Hotel Renew

Hotel Renew
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Just stayed at the Hotel Renew again. My first visit was during Christmas 2009 when I connected with my husband who works overseas. This time my friend and I visited for Memorial Day weekend. I was a little worried about her opinion of the place as she was very concerned about not being close enough to the beach. I am happy to report she loved the décor of the hotel and found the staff helpful with any questions. Colby, the bartender recommended a place for dinner one night. My friend also had no complaints about the proximity of the beach. One day as we were walking to the beach my friend decided she needed an umbrella and was about to pay $10. I mentioned to her the hotel offered them for free. The next day we went to get our beach items and they asked if she needed an umbrella again (the completely remembered her).

As I mentioned before this was my second stay and I loved it even more. I am planning another short stop over hopefully by the end of this year. I love the location of the hotel and the uniqueness of the décor. The staff is extremely helpful and addresses any concerns you bring to their attention. This trip I even found a handwritten note from the staff thanking me for my return visit (nice touch). The happy hour is a great deal with cocktails starting at $5. Jackie makes lovely drinks and makes you feel completely welcome (she remembered me from my first visit too).

Lastly, I think it’s a bonus that the hotel offers beach towels, beach mats, umbrellas, and I understand boogie and surf boards. All these items for free. The internet is also free unlike many larger chain hotels. I just don’t think any hotel can beat the price or attentive service from the staff.

Mahalo to the staff (Frank, Robert, Dan, the lady who keeps the continental breakfast stalked, and anyone else I may have forgot).

D. Davis

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank jldBeijing

Reviewed 30 May 2009

Hotel Renew was everything we hoped for. The location half block off the beach was perfect and we had a city view on the 8th floor; so less city noise and not overlooking Tiki's which can get loud at night.

The hotel has a great feel to it when you walk in; peaceful and the staff are friendly, helpful and very polite. Not once were we disappointed. Ane is a wonderful ambassador to Hawaii and we took most of her suggestions for island viewing and had a great time.

The continental breakfast is wonderful although I suggest getting there early to enjoy all the options. We are soya people and were pleasantly surprised to find soya milk and lots of fresh fruit.

The hotel does not have a pool so when we arrived to a closed beach for three days we chose to sitesee instead. It may have an option, but perhaps having an agreement with next door's hotel to use their pool would be a good option. Parking is expensive at $20! so we chose to rent a car daily instead. However, when the beach did open, Renew loans out towels, umbrellas, boogy boards, all for free, so just ask. It saves money on the beach!

I organize high class events for my investment management company and I have to say that I have never encountered such amazing staff as at this hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a quiet and romantic stay without the tourist trap hotels that exist in Honolulu. My hats off to Hotel Renew and keep up the excellent work.

2  Thank HoneymoonersBc
Reviewed 30 May 2009

My wife and I spent the first night of our honeymoon at the Hotel Renew in Honolulu. We found it to be a very beautiful hotel, just a few seconds walk from the beach. The taxi ride to and from the airport was not cheap, but the hotel itself was very reasonably prices. The room was beautiful, the service was great, the breakfast was good, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. If you are going on your honeymoon, make sure you email the hotel and ask for the honeymoon deal.

1  Thank EdmStudent
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I had a good overnight at the Hotel Renew. The room is decorated in a calming Japanese style and is well-appointed with energy saving devices. The front desk service was excellent. At check-in I was given a complimentary glass of pineapple juice and a cool towel to enjoy during the check-in process. The man at the front desk, Ali, made an excellent recommendation for dinner; he listened to what I was looking for and suggested the perfect place.

My only small criticism would be that the counter space in the bathroom is narrow, although there are shelves right next to the counter.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cat611
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Great Hotel in the Waikiki/Diamondhead side of Honolulu!
Pros: Excellent Staff "very helpful, answered any questions without complaints" , Nice clean rooms, Breakfast every am at no extra charge, free wifi at no extra charge, provided beach equipment"Boogie boards,chairs, towels etc." no extra charge. Provided extra time in our room at no extra charge "late flight".
Cons: Stayed on the 5th floor "city view" smelled outside exhaust every am and noise at times can be a pain, Very small area for breakfast. Valet parking is $22 a day"ouch" But the valet staff was very helpful/friendly also!
This hotel has alot of positives than negatives! I'll say again the staff here is the best Ive ever dealt with at a hotel/motel! I can why this place always gets alot of positive reviews. Just remember this Hotel doesnt have a pool or restaurant. But the beach is close and alot of places to eat surrounding this hotel. Any questions please email me and I'll try to answer any questions that you have!

3  Thank yankeelpn
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We were thrilled with our stay at Hotel Renew. We were married on Oahu and the staff anticipated our every need. They were helpful in providing directions, helping us get our wedding apparel steamed and even put complimentary champagne in our rooms. The Hotel is small with only 72 rooms, which is also very appealing. It was quiet, clean and the Hotel Staff knew our face by the end of our stay. The decor is very modern and clean. The complimentary breakfast was great, and we could be to the water in no time. I definitely recommend this Hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2009

I have just returned for my 2nd stay this year at Hotel Renew, The Hotel is a tranquil oasis from the hustle and bustle of busy waikiki beach. I have been travelling to Hawaii for 14 years and have stayed at a lot of hotels in Waikiki, This is definatly the best! 5 Star Service and Immaculate Facilities. The staff are incredible and really helpfull. The rooms and facilities are exactly as pictured on there website.

This hotel would be suitable for Honeymooners, Couples having a quite get away inc same sex couples.Would not be suitable for 18-30's party goer's or Familys with young children.

If You like Fireworks dont miss the Fireworks the Hilton Hawaiian Village put on every Friday Evening at 7pm, Best Viewed from Ala Moana Beach Park!

The free WIFI works without any problems and there is a ABC shop next door to stock up on supplies like Bottled Water, Fruit, Magazines, Souviners etc. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me. Enjoy your stay, Im so jealous!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple