“Decent accomodations at a reasonable price”
Review of 444 Nahua

444 Nahua
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We were very satisfied with our suite. It was furnished with everything we needed for our 8-night stay, including washer and dryer and a well-equipped kitchenette. It's an easy 10-minute walk to the beach and convenient to shops and restaurants. The staff is prompt and professional, and the housekeepers did a great job. Our only concern was that Waikiki can be noisy at night, and the windows aren't very soundproof (problematic for my husband, who had to attend business meetings all week). We would definitely stay here again, but would ask for a room on the canal side of the building.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank amester54
There are newer reviews for 444 Nahua

Reviewed 5 November 2009

great value, good location, parking, the only complaint was our stay wasn't nearly long enough.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank veggiefarmer
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I have stayed at 444 Nahua with Waikiki Beach Condomimiums at least ten different times and have ALWAYS had great service and rooms. The people - from Jeanie at the main office - to Marion at the condos will bend over backwards to take care of your needs and make sure you are satisfied. I am amazed that anyone could write something negative about this company or the condos. I have stayed in many different condos from the top floors to the lower ones and have always been extremely satisfied. It is only two blocks from Waikiki Beach and much more reasonable than other hotels, plus you have a full kitchen, a washer and dryer IN the condo and free parking. Try getting that anywhere else in Honolulu.
Waikiki Beach condos owns about 100 condos in the building, but they do not own the building. I think that some people who were upset did not read the instructions on how to contact Marion and tried to use the management staff of the building, who do not control the condos. If you want a nice comfortable place to stay at a reasonable cost, with friendly people, this is the place.

6  Thank Navyguyo6
Reviewed 20 January 2009

I recently placed a group of 33 at this location and things could not have gone better. The pre trip service was excellent. The folks on property were wonderful and the condo's were great.
The location is wonderful also, one block from the International Market place and three blocks from the Beach. My group had breakfast at the Galaxy Steak House in the Marketplace for less than $5 per person. I hear their dinners are well priced also.
The building is modest but has a nice pool on the roof and a giant deck, with BBQ and other cooking conveniences. The building is so secure that no one could possibly get in that isn't staying there.
We will definetely book this property again.

• Stayed: January 2009
4  Thank Endless-Adventures
Reviewed 15 May 2008

I stayed at 444 Nahua for 9 days on a business trip to Honolulu, which I booked through Waikiki Beach Condominiums based on some of the reviews in tripadvisor.

My room was on the 19th floor with a partial view of the ocean (pleasant). Although I was quite high up in the building, I could hear noise from the street when I open the glass door. There were road works on Nahua Street during my stay and I was woken up by the machinery noise quite early in the morning.

The look and quality of the room was like a Best Western minus, with kitchen, dishwasher, iron, ironing board, washing machine and dryer (in the room).

Housekeeping came twice a week, not daily, but the room was kept clean and tidy.

If you need internet, you have to request for it when during check in or reservation. A portable WiFi router will be provided to you.

The condo is about 200m away from the International Market Place and 2 blocks from Waikiki Beach and Kalakaua Ave with plenty of restaurants and shops, You will be assigned a free parking spot within the building. Security of the building is also good.

When I return to Honolulu, I will definitely stay at 444 Nahua.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank doofygilmore
Reviewed 30 April 2008

We have recently returned from our fourth stay at 444 Nahua and as usual had a wonderful stay. It is centrally located in Waikiki, close to the International Marketplace and Waikiki Beach, as well as many shops, restaurants and bars.

The condo was spacious, clean and well maintained. We had a kitchen with stove, microwave, full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Other facilities provided include a washer and dryer as well as free parking and local phone calls, things that you are often charged extra for at other places.

Before our first stay at 444 Nahua we had previously stayed somewhere else and had found the mattresses hard and uncomfortable and had to pay for parking. When we were planning our next visit to Hawaii we found the 444 Nahua website and after staying here the first time we’ve happily returned here on each visit to Hawaii. We’ve had condos on both the Ala Wai Canal side and the Waikiki side with the partial ocean view and love both, although I do have a slight preference for the Ala Wai side with the lovely view of the canal and mountains. It’s very relaxing sitting on the lanai looking at the view in the evening with a cool drink.

The staff and management have always been very helpful and the rooms are regularly cleaned.

We have recommended 444 Nahua to family and friends and they’ve all been very pleased with their condos and the location and will stay here again on their next visit.

We feel that this offers great value for money and will continue staying here each time we visit Hawaii. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2008
4  Thank Ken2222
Reviewed 23 February 2008

My husband and I travel to Hawaii often and this is the best condo rental we've had to date. We did not use the buidling's rental website, we rented from an individual owner, and had a great experience. The unit was on the 11th floor, facing towards the beach and we could actually see the ocean peeking out between a couple of hotels in front of us.

Our unit included a full bath, washer and dryer, well equipped kitchen and large lanai with furniture. The unit was clean, well ventilated, with a/c, cable, internet, and free parking. Centrally located in Waikiki, it took us about 4-5 minutes to make it to Duke's statue on our daily walks. You can stalk up on food at Costco and prepare the goods at the condo, or walk a couple of blocks to the nearby Food Pantry.

Try VRBO and rent from an individual that uses the unit as a vacation home, you'll notice the unit is newer and cleaner when the owner also has the intent to occupy.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple