“Fabulous week stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne, Australia
“Fabulous week stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Arrived early morning after a long flight from Australia to be greeted by a welcome drink and check in and breakfast straight away. Manager on duty, Garrick Otsuka upgraded us to an ocean-view room on a high floor. Beautiful.
Overall staff is fantastic. Breakfast is a great way to start the day - the staff there even remembered us form a previous stay. Everyone friendly and polite. Evening drinks were wonderful bonus - great bar staff and live music very enjoyable.
Rooms very clean.
Great location. Easy walk to beach as well as shops and restaurants.
Will definitely stay again.

2 Thank Lions300
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Lions300,
Thank you for taking the time to post a fabulous review of your returned stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival needs. It is definitely nice to start off your vacation with a beautiful view, as well as a cooked-to-order omelette. You are absolutely correct that we offer plentiful complimentary amenities, as well as being situated in a convenient location. I hope you were able to indulge in the fabulous restaurant choices on Waikiki Beach Walk. Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Bob Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
ATLANTA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

enjoyed our stay. appreciated receiving upgraded room that unfortunately backed up to elevators; fortunately on a higher floor and therefore not much traffic noise. large selection at breakfast but birds kept pooping on the dining tables. recognize that hard to keep them from an open air location. evening reception disappointing; drinks fine but snacks few and paltry in selection compared to other embassy suite locations. overall, enjoyed our stay, our location and the ambiance.....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Susan T,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize if you experienced some inconvenience due to the placement of your room. However, I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate an upgrade for you. Our management team are constantly putting our heads together to come up with tactics to alleviate the bird issue. I am glad you were able to enjoy our large selection of breakfast choices. We look forward to your return.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed a week and well worth it.

Excellent rooms, facilities and location.

Quality service.

Manager's reception each night from 5.30-7.30pm with complimentary drinks is a great way to start of the night.

Only downside I wasn't impressed with the constant efforts of concierge to get me to go to the Hilton briefing sessions.

Overall great stay and would go back without hesitation.

Room Tip: Quite a tall building and I got a little 'anxious' looking 18 floors down. Very easy to go o...
1 Thank DmacSydney_Australia
Dear DmacSydney_Australia,
Thank you for the excellent review regarding our hotel. The two main points in your review; location and service are key factors for a successful hotel. You are absolutely right that the evening reception held daily is meant to help our guests unwind and figure out what to eat for dinner. I hope you indulged yourself in the fabulous shopping and dining selections at the Waikiki Beach Walk. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our Hilton concierge staff. Thank you for your commitment, and we look forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel that has a staff that understands customer service.

I stayed here for seven nights and from the time I arrived until I departed
no request was too big or too small.

I don't remember everyone's name but Cary in the breakfast area was very helpful and knowledgeable when asked questions about the surrounding area.

The laundry room was spacious and clean. This was a nice perk because I didn't have to worry about doing laundry once I returned home. The workout room is well equipped although I only used it 3 of my 7 days.

Live entertainment during Happy Hour was awesome. Walking distance and or a quick bus ride to every place you want or need to go.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank YolandaMcKinney
Dear YolandaMcKinney,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your kind compliments regarding our staff. I can assure you they consistently interact with our guests as if they were part of the 'Ohana (family). Our band during the evening reception is definitely unique, and is a nice touch to help unwind with free maitais. I am glad you took advantage of our fabulous location. Thank you for your commitment to return.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

The exceptional ways we were treated, from the first moment we arrived to the end of our 5 nights, made us want to stay another week and so we shall in 2014. The suites were large enough for my family of 4 and housekeeping was top rate as was our view from the balcony. All the bell staff were very helpful though out our stay and helped us with our transportation needs as well as some shipping needs. In addition all the Bartenders went way beyound the norm with there service and help every day and again at the evening reception.

Dear James H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for your commitment to return. I am glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. It is important to portray the "Aloha" spirit as a hotel located in Hawai'i. Please consider us your home away from home. We look forward to your return in 2014.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Absolutely terrific service from top notch staff. The front desk staff (Malia and Halena) were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. One of the lobby staff (Dean) has got to be the single nicest and most genuine people I've ever met traveling. He remembered my family from a short stay a year ago and went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable - even when my daughter was sick and fussy. The swimming pool is great for young swimmers, breakfast and the manager's special is nice because you can have a drink with other adults while your kids roam the outdoor area. The rooms are simple but nice and the location is perfect. I'm not the biggest fan of Waikiki but if I go there again, I will definitely stay at the Beach Walk Embassy Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear TravellinCanucks,
Thank you for your return to our hotel, as well as a fabulous review on TripAdvisor. I am glad our staff took care of you. I can assure you that their "Aloha" spirit comes from the bottom of their hearts and we want our guests to feel like our "Ohana." Just as you mentioned, our pool is a favorite among those with children, while our location is superb. Thank you for your loyalty, and we look forward to your next returned visit.
Seven Valleys, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Made to order breakfast, a block away from the beach, on the strip, a great place to stay in Waikiki, just step outside of the hotel and you're in the heart of Waikiki. It was like staying at the major hotels or even better, with made to order breakfast. The breakfast buffet was superb.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dadufalzane
Dear Dadufalzane,
Thank you for the short yet SUITE review regarding your experience at our hotel back in the summer. You are absolutely correct that our location cannot be beat. After indulging in a full cooked-to-order breakfast buffet, you also have a choice from fabulous restaurants on the Waikiki Beach Walk to fill your lunch and dinner plans. Although our pool is a popular attraction, I hope you were able to enjoy the beach just steps away. We look forward to your return.