“Great staff”

Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Wisconsin
“Great staff”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My family of six stayed for 3 nights before heading to other islands. The breakfast and managers reception were an added value. My kids especially liked the unlimited soft drinks in the evening and the staff was very gracious. In fact, my 10 year old requested and got the autograph of his favorite bar tender - George - on our last evening. His "kiddie cocktails" were a hit but his kind demeanor was what made the difference.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BdMorons
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear BdMorons,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us back in August. I hope you and your family enjoyed a Hawaiian summer. I am glad you indulged in our complimentary amenities offered. Perhaps next time you can stay a bit longer, as Oahu has a lot of gems to discover.
Bob Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
North Tustin, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here for a family vacation, and had a great stay. The staff was fantastic, and greeted us everywhere we turned. Great location, not on the beach, but across the street from the beach, and a near all the shopping too. Breakfast is fantastic as well. Great pool area too!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Christopher K
Dear Christopher K,
Thank you for the short yet SUITE review on TripAdvisor. Your review is on-point; family-oriented, conveniently located, and service-oriented. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary daily evening drinks, as well as our live entertainment held four times a week. We look forward to hosting you again.
los angeles, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is an excellent hotel. Within walking distance to everything, including the beach. Beach an pool towels are provided in the room. You just have to return them to the room when you are done with them. Not a problem. You have to return to your room anyway to prepare for the rest of your day. They have a laundry room too, so you can take clean clothes back home if you want to.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Linda M,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel during your Pro Bowl vacation. I am glad you took advantage of our 24-hour coin-operated laundry room. For those fitness fanatics, we also have a 24-hour complimentary gym access. I hope you did not spend too much time in the laundry room, and indulged in shopping in dining in the fabulous Waikiki Beach Walk strip. Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to hosting you again.
Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Excellent hotel with excellent location to everything. The staff are so lovely and very helpful, only down fall is the breakfast buffet could improve. It was the same thing on repeat and not much variety to choose from.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Teri L,
Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff, as they take pride in each and everything they do. I apologize if our breakfast selections did not satisfy your needs. We try our best to change out a few items such as pancakes and french toast, rice and friend rice throughout the week to accommodate those staying for a longer period. I hope you will still consider returning again.
Cuyahoga Falls, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel was very nice...we enjoyed the location by the Beach Walk with many choices of shops and restaurants. the breakfast was excellent as well as the evening reception. Our rooms however were by the elevator shaft which was very noisy. One thing to request is to not be in an room ending in 01 or 11.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mike F,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for your room placement being next to the elevator. Perhaps next time, we can find an accommodation away from the elevators. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary amenities we offer. I hope you will still consider visiting us again.
Monmouth, Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Let's just say I was inspired by embassy suites hotel on (beachwalk) to start blogging my traveling experiences. A friend of mine requested that I stay at ESH Waikiki. She shared that all the good bars, & restaurants with good beach access was located near. When we looked into our stay we were told we would have breakfast complimentary and drinks by the pool every evening for happy hour. Ok. Ok. Let's just say it was service galore! We pulled into the very well festive embassy lobby only to be greeted by the very attractive vAlet staff. When we pulled into the lobby, we were impress by the physique these young men possessed. Let's just say not only was it pleasing to the eye but they swarmed our vehicle like we were something special! Professionalism was assured and each handsome face said "aloha welcome to embassy suites hotel" I was assisted by a fine young man, middle aged whose name was Michael . I can't forget him because I was embarrassed when he asked for my reservation name and it wasn't on his list. Not only was I taken of guard but the staff had bell service On its way but valet took all of our many luggage out from our trunk and neatly lined on the curb. Before I could catch my breath Michael said " I'm sorry but I don't see your name here. Don't worry come on out, right this way as I find your reservation." I looked through my bags and realized the documents with my confirmation was lost in a bag that I left at the car rental agency. Now I was furious, Michael assured me he had contact information to every car rental at HNL airport. I couldn't resist. I apologized for my lack of attention and he escorted us to the front desk. He gave my information to front desk agent and our keys was given in no time. Michael then assured me once he got in touch with the car rental he would promptly let me know. Not even 45 mins after check in Michael phoned me informing me that my belongings would be delivered shortly and not to worry about a thing! When I retrieved my belongings at the valet desk 5hrs later Michael was there to assist me. He assured my relaxing stay was going to be starting soon and he had a bunch of information on where we could start. For the next 4 days the valet desk was comfort for us. They had our car waiting for every early morning adventure and addressed all our questions and concerns with maps, directions and great service. I must say I never thought I was going to fall INLOVE with hotel service from the valet staff. But I guess that's where every experience had started and ended for us. They were the first to greet us, and the last to see us off! Talk about aloha, I highly recommend embassy suites hotel and can't wait til the next trip!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ku'ulani A
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Ku'ulani A,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I am glad our valet Michael took care of you. They are the front face of our hotel, and experts at what they do plus more. They are often seen giving advice and directions for local attractions. All of our employees take pride in what they do, and it reflects on the service they provide. Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to your return.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is situated almost across the street from the beach. Registration is very tropical. They provide guave pineapple juice while you are checking in. The best views $$$ on the upper levels but worth every dime. The daily breakfast and evening receptions are a bonus. All the help including maid and bus boys were very friendly and genuinely nice. I give it 5 stars.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear 1AKA_VS,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Location, location, location is one of the key factors for success of a hotel. I hope you indulged in all the fabulous choices of restaurants and shops on the Waikiki Beach Walk. The welcome beverage is definitely a nice touch after a long flight. I hope you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast just as much or more. Thank you for the fantastic rating, and we hope to see you again in the near future.