“Extraordinary”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Could not have ask for anything else. Hotel is great location, staff was one of the best I ever had. Overall trip was "totally awesome". I felt so at easy and relaxed, nothing left for me to ask for it was all provided without asking. Breakfast came with our hotel stay plus it had a good variety of choices and the manager evening reception came with great live music and good cocktails. What a wonderful time we had, can't wait to do it again

Room Tip: I recommend higher floors for better view of ocean
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QNNLS
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear QNNLS,
Thank you for the extraordinary rating and review of your experience at our hotel. I am glad we could help make your vacation away from home comfortable. I am glad you fully indulged in the daily complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I hope you were able to enjoy our band that performs four nights a week. I look forward to hosting you again.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Honolulu and couldn't have more pleased. The staff was way beyond any place I have ever stayed at, and the location was close to the beach, or short walk to downtown waikakii.

The wonderful breakfast served until 10 am carried us throughout the day, and the managers reception at 5:30/7:30 was enjoyable. For families, the embassy is tops with the pool, and other activities. We went with our son's family, our daughter so there were 8 of us.

The rooms were wonderful, and we will certainly stay there again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jbkulstad

Dear Jbkulstad,
Thank you for the wonderful review regarding your experience at our hotel. Just as you mentioned, our location is the best, and the welcoming staff make for a greater success factor of our hotel. I am glad you found our facilities accommodating for your family of eight. Thank you for your commitment, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just returned from a week long stay at the Embassy Suites in Waikiki and couldn't be happier with our choice. The staff was fantastic all the way from check-in to check-out. They were always friendly and solicitous of our wishes. We were on the 17th floor of the Aloha tower and didn't have any issues with street or pool noise. The pool was great for our 9 year old daughter, and the breakfast buffet was a great option for not having the leave the property first thing in the morning. The Valets were quick with our car and friendly while we waited. It's a really nice location as well, as the beach is a block or two away and you're right by the shops if that's your thing. It's not the cheapest place, but there aren't any cheap places in Waikiki with these amenities.

5  Thank brent o
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear brent o,
Thank you for the fantastic rating and review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad we met your satisfaction. Our pool is often favored by the children, as it is very kid-friendly being only 4-feet deep. I hope you were able to indulge in all the fabulous restaurants and shops that are just steps away. We look forward to your returned visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We were welcomed with delicious punch and a very helpful front desk staff. The room was clean and in great condition when we arrived. The free breakfast was great - a variety of choices for the whole family. The beach is a very short walk away and the ocean is visible from the pool. They have a great manager's reception with live music a few nights a week. The whole staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend anyone who is looking for a place to stay to consider the Embassy Suites!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Becky K

Dear Becky K,
Thank you for the short yet SUITE review regarding our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms, as our staff work hard daily to keep our rooms in top notch conditions. Our live band during the evening reception is one of the best, and better yet it is free! Thank you for the recommendation. Stay warm, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I just spent 35 days at this hotel on a work trip. Although Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth, it is hard to be away from your family for that long. EVERYONE at the hotel is absolutely wonderful! there was Lei manning the breakfast drink area greeting me everyday with a smile and asking me how I was (and who also remembered me from my last stay THREE years ago!). And John at the omelet station who was always cheerful and kind...and ALWAYS making me the best omelets! to another cheerful staff member (who I do not know his name) refilling coffees. Then there is the happy hour crew, Keola, Dennis, Lacy, and Lewis making EVERYONE feel like they are royalty. They treat everyone the same, like every person is their favorite guest. it was wonderful. The valet staff was also fabulous! They were sprinting back and forth getting everyone's cars as fast as they could, which is no easy task because some guests were a little demanding! They busted their butts and were also wonderful. The house keeping staff had my room perfectly stocked with extra conditioner (which i need for hair that goes to the bottom of my back) and my room was always spotless! I want to give a terrible review because next time I go to this hotel I want people to stay away so its NOT booked to capacity....BUT i just can't. Stay here, its the best! And give the staff good tips, they are wonderful! I know this because 35 days is a LONG stay, i wasn't just there a week! They are consistently amazing and you can guarantee a wonderful time! MAHALO Embassy Suites Staff!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank carm1w

Dear carm1w,
Mahalo for taking the time to share your excellent long-stay experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that even after 35 days, our omelet met your satisfaction. Our staff understand and consistently go above and beyond to make our guests' experience memorable. I am glad our service made a valuable impact during your work trip to make you feel at home. We look forward to your returned visit, but hopefully next time with your family as well!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife, my 3 children and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Waikiki during March of 2014. This was my 9th trip to the Islands and 6th to Waikiki. Of all the places I've stayed I would rate Embassy Suites as the most kid/family friendly.

The hotel is located in a very good area of Waikiki. In my experience I would say Waikiki as a whole is a clean and safe place for families to visit, but I have found that the areas closer to the zoo have a number of street people hanging around, sleeping on the streets or begging. There is virtually none of this in the area of the Embassy Suites. The area nearby has lots of shopping and many good restaurants to choose from as well as a bunch of ( get ready for it ) ABC stores to shop at. This hotel is a short walk, less then 5 minutes, to both Waikiki Beach and Fort DeRussy Beach Park.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite in the Hula Tower. The bedroom had two queen beds and the living room had a sofa bed. The suite, while not fancy, was very functional and had more then enough room for the 5 of us. The beds were comfortable and the sofa bed was ok. Our suite had an excellent view of the pool area as well as a view of Fort DeRussy Park and a partial view of the ocean.

The pool area is simply outstanding. The pool is fairly long and has a tot wading area and hot tub attached to it. The pool is not deep, about 4 feet at its deepest, but it is big and provides lots of room for the guests. The deck area is very large and has an excellent layout. The deck has plenty of lounging chairs and five larger cabanas. The cabanas were a great place to hang out as a group or have a nap. There are a number of palm trees on the deck as well that provide shade. The deck has two bars as well. One is open for lunch and the other opens around dinner time. They serve a wide variety of drinks and some decent pub style food. I had shrimp tacos that were pretty tasty.

The hotel offers it's guests a complimentary buffet breakfast. When traveling with a larger group/family this makes life easy in the morning. The food has your standard fare, scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurts, cereals, juices etc as well as a made to order omelet station.

The entire property was renovated about 8 years ago and is still in good shape.

The staff at this location were excellent. They were friendly, attentive and easy to locate.

Overall this hotel provided us with an excellent experience and I highly recommend this property to families. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Hula Tower with a pool view. Rooms on the higher floors will also provide a pa...
4  Thank CanadianDon

Dear CanadianDon,
Thank you for the thorough review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. You are absolutely right that our hotel is very family-oriented. Our complimentary amenities such as the breakfast and nightly evening reception offer an excellent price-value package. We are also conveniently surrounded by fabulous shops and restaurants just at our doorstep. Thank you for the recommendation, and we look forward to you and your family's returned visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is the best value in Oahu! Free breakfast buffet and a free managers reception! Plus you add on a wonderful staff, and you cannot find a better place to stay! Andrew at front desk/reception started our trip off perfect. Lacey and the rest of the evening reception were great, as well as the band that plays! Lei and the rest of the breakfast staff always made sure your day started off good. I advise look past all other hotels and stay here, we do as often as we can!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Airline_Hotel

Dear Airline_Hotel,
Thank you for the excellent review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at our hotel. We understand that aside from the amenities and facilities that the hotel has to offer, the staff and service are what make a major impact on guest experience. Thank you for your recommendation, and commitment. We look forward to your return.