It had been a dream of my father to go to Hawaii, so being a dutiful son I travelled half way round the world to take him there! Needing a suite rather than a room, and being a Hilton Hhonors Gold member, I decided to book the Embassy Suites, rather than the HHV which we could have booked as a timeshare owner. We paid a premium to have an Ocean View.
The rooms aren't cheap, and the parking is an added expense (but everyone else seems to charge too!). However, on the plus side the suite was large and clean, with double queen size beds in the bedroom and a large living room, and kitchenette. Although we booked an ocean view, this could only be seen if you were sitting on the balcony, and the views from inside the suite are shown in the encloses photos (although, to give some balance, the view from the balcony is also shown). Would I pay for the "Ocean View" next time, when you can't actually get the view from the sofa/bed? Probably not.
The complimentary breakfast buffet is a bit of a scrum, and there does seem to be a problem with birds - as soon as you left the table they would come to the table to take the crumbs!
We did take advantage of the Happy Hours most evening - free flowing wine, beer and cocktails, with entertainment every other night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotelopia, Booking.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu