“Embassy Suites Beach Walk Wakiki”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Vancouver, Washington
“Embassy Suites Beach Walk Wakiki”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We liked this hotel. Exceptional complimentary breakfast, good service, clean rooms, nice pool area. Accessible to many shops and restaurants. Rooms slightly smaller than other Embassy properties, but still roomier than many inter-city hotel rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Aloha Amy S,

Thank you for your resent review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and felt that we met your vacation requirements. We take pride in our hotel and services and work hard to meet the needs of our guests expectations.

We wish you all the best and look forward to have you come and stay with us again on your next Hawaiian Vacation.

Mahalo,
Bob Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If your staying in Waikiki and you don't need to be beachfront, then this is the place for you. It is in a great location near all the restaurants and shopping in the best part of Waikiki. If beach is an issue then you are still only 1 hotel away from the sand. The pool area is large and no problem getting a lounger. They also have the evening and breakfast reception in the same area which are both included in the price and are among the best you will come across. The evening entertainment at the managers reception is a nice touch and well worth going to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Aloha Kevin Cognito,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. No we are not on the beach but only 50 paces back. I am glad your where able to enjoy our pool. We get some much positve feed back on. Free breakfast and cocktails are our two most populare amenities.
We look forward to your return so you again can enjoy our entertainment.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location. Friendly staff. Very clean rooms. Double rooms super for families, with beds in one room and living area. Pool was fantastic - clean and great for kids. Short walk to shops, bars and eateries. A pleasant experience.

Aloha Anthony K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We get many compliments regarding our friendly stay and you are right the pool is great for family. Our location is premeire in the middle of Waikiki Beach Walk.

Mahalo Bob Y
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the time I arrived in Waikiki to the moment I left, the Embassy Beachwalk went above and beyond to offer first class accommodations.

After I spotted the tiki torches that mark the entrance to the Embassy, I valeted my car and was soon greeted with an "Aloha!" by the front desk agent. She quickly assisted me with check in and even gave me free POG (passion orange guava juice)! The open air lobby is beautifully kept, well staffed, and convenient to both Embassy towers.

Because I'm a HHonors Diamond member and was using my points for the stay, I was upgraded to an ocean view, corner room on the 15th floor of the Hula tower. When I got up to my room, I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 spacious rooms and the biggest bathroom I've ever seen in an Embassy. The best part was, the room had three sliding glass doors leading to two different lanais, overlooking the Waikiki shoreline on one side and the Embassy pool and Trump Tower on the other side. A nice touch was the voucher for Honolulu Cookie Company cookies that I found on my pillow as a welcome gift.

I arrived late afternoon, so the evening reception was my next stop. Fun island music and fruity drinks will whisk you away and help you forget the troubles of the mainland. The band is extremely talented and all the bartenders who served me made excellent drinks (blue Hawaiian, Hawaiian Punch, mai tai).

The next day, I was jet lagged and woke up early so I was at breakfast when it opened at 6:30am. The breakfast staff was so friendly and accommodating -- anticipated my needs, and they even made me a custom juice blend!! Breakfast selections are plentiful ... something for everyone here.

I was a little unsure where exactly I wanted spend the limited time I had on Oahu so I stopped by the Hilton Vacations desk adjacent to the hotel's front desk before I took off for my day's adventures. If you haven't been to Oahu before, I recommend stopping here to get tips on how to maximize your time on the island. The agent there who helped me was knowledgeable about the island and pointed some 'musts' out to me that I would've otherwise missed. She was extremely patient -- took about 10-15 mins -- to explain everything to me. Her recommendations were spot on! Not a moment of my day was wasted.

The next day, I spent some time by the beautiful pool even though the weather was a tad overcast. The cabana pods come with pillows and are so comfortable. Theres only five cabanas so if you want one you should plan to strike early. Otherwise, there's plenty of chaises -- they were never full that I noticed. The nice thing about the cabanas and chaises is they're all FREE. I've been to places in Florida that charge you if you so much as glance at a chaise. The pool is well maintained and clean, and there's a hot tub and a children's pool all attached to the big pool so you're never far from either of those.

The location of the Embassy is walking distance to Wakiki Beach and also upscale stores (Kate Spade/Coach/Tory Burch, etc.) and restaurants (Ruth's Cris/House Without a Key/PF Changs, etc.)

The last night of my stay, I found on my pillow a complimentary Hawaiian music CD as the hotel's parting gift to me. Such a nice way to cap a truly amazing stay! I was grateful to take a little bit of aloha back to the mainland with me.

I took the red eye out of Honolulu and was able to sight see before leaving for the airport because the valet will let you park at the Embassy until 11pm the day you check out. The hotel will even let you use their 'hospitality suite' for 30 mins to freshen up before departing for the airport.

I highly recommend the Embassy Beachwalk. If I return to Oahu, the Embassy will one of my first stops!!

Have a great trip!!!

Room Tip: Without having much of a frame of reference, the Hula Tower seemed closer to the Ocean, thus having...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank leavinonajetplane007
Aloha Leave on a jet plane,

What and extensive review our hotel.
Very through and want to thank you for all of your feedback
I am glad that we took care of a Diamond member but more over we try to take care of all of our guests in the same manner.
Location location location is our biggest strenght of the middle of Waikiki Beach walk shopping and dining complex.
We hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Hawaii,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have just returned from 12 nights at the Embassy suites. We had a suite and our daughter and her family had their own suite we were both on the 4th floor, which was where the pool was, the breakfast and the meeting place for the managers happy hour, which we took full advantage of and loved.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the beach ( take the 2nd entrance passed the Outrigger as the beach is nicer) and lots of good reataurants and of course shopping.
We found the service excellent and would love to stay at the Embassy suites again it has a nice vibe especially for families.

O

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Addie_C
Aloha Addie_C,

I am so glad you and your family where able to spend 12 nights at the Embassy Suites everyone comments how suiteable we are for families you are right but I can tell you we have honeymooners and retiree's who enjoy our facilities free breakfast and cocktails are appreciated by all.

We look forward to your return to enjoy our family vibe.

BobY
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Embassy Suites at Waikiki is a convenient location to stay. Situated on the Beach -walk, the hotel is not on the beach front, but within walking distance of it. The suites are well appointed, with a living room and a bedroom, and a commodious restroom.There is a coffee maker and hot water for those who would love to have their morning coffee or tea in bed. Our suite was on the 18th of the 21 floors of the building. While the check out time is 11 am, the check in time is 3 pm, Our flight arrived at 8 am and we arrived at 9 am only to have to wait in the lobby for a room that we were allotted at 2.30 pm. Not really a great welcome to an otherwise good hotel! Rooms are clean with the house keepers coming in each day to do up the room. The pool area is on the fourth floor which also serves as the breakfast point and the meeting place for the managers happy hours each evening. Happy hours from 5.30 till 7.30 pm is time when drinks and snacks are on the house. It is meeting time for the hotel guests, but each group keeps to themselves. The bartenders are indeed a happy lot, and serve their guest copiously. The fitness Center is under renovation, but the hotel provides the facilities at the neighbouring location. Breakfast is standards, with chefs making your eggs to order. The hotel has a sports desk at the reception where you could make reservations for water sports or other activities. But do check outside the hotel for bargain prices. Good place to stay at should you come to Hawaii,

Room Tip: Choose the ocean facing rooms - these are more expensive than the standard rooms, but it gives a vie...
2 Thank VoyageurIndien
Aloha Voyagerindien,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you had to wait for your room, because of your early arrival. Hopefully after your check in you had a gerat stay I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast with the cook to order make it your self omletes.

We look forward to your return,
BobY
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is our 3rd time at this Embassy Suites. Overall it was fantastic. They are currently going through some room revitilizations in the Aloha tower (north). We were able to stay in a renovated room. Renos are ongoing until mid June so in order to get to the pool area, it's a minor detour getting there. Ignore the posts about the birds - you are outside, it will happen. The issue visitors should be worried about is the homelessness problem in Waikiki. Yes - it is getting worse. This Embassy is in a good, safe location - it is on the beachwalk with plenty of shops and restaurants. Would definitely stay again. And try to book a AAA rate, it will save quite a bit on the nightly rate.

1 Thank JCGH777
Aloha JCGH777,

Aloha and thank you for being a triple crown staying guest at our wonderful hotel. Our room revitalition project complete June 16, and we hope that it hasn't been to disirupted to our guests.

Our industry is very aware of the homeless issue in central Waikiki fortunately it has yet to reach our hotel area. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we look forward to your fourth visit.