“Perfect place for family vacation”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We wanted to spend 4th of July week on Waikiki prior to a cruise. This was the best for a family of 6! Worth the extra if you can to do ocean front. Great breakfast, although the bird thing is a bit of a challenge. We just left someone at the table to 'defend'. Evening reception and entertainment was awesome! Staff is kid friendly. Great location with an ABC store across the way and Hard Rock down the street. Barely a short block walk to the beach and the on site pool is great! Laundry facilities were clean and plenty of working machines. Valet parking was pretty quick (for $35 a day it should have been). The extra space the suite provided was great, especially with a "living space" for time together rather than just beds as two regular hotel rooms would have provided. The the two balconies were nice as well.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra dollars, the ocean front added to our experience!
1  Thank Dreamin80
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Aloha Dreaming 80,

Thank you for your 5 star rating, I am glad you and your family enjoyed our suites. Breakfast and free cocktails are the best. Our location is fabulous!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Embassy Suites was affordable, great location, close to many places to eat and had a free breakfast and Managers Reception each morning and evening. There were a lot if kids but that doesn't bother me much. Staff was super and my massage was fantastic.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bill P

Aloha Bill P,

I hope you had a great time during your visit to Hawaii. Thank you for all of your kind remarks regarding our hotel and staff. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Location of this property is excellent - convenient walk to shopping, beach, and restaurants - and ocean views from the high-floor rooms (19 and above) are superb. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, great to have an extra room with a teenager. Breakfast buffet is good, and a good deal, but the birds will attack the food as soon as you walk away (surely, the hotel can do something to address this). And if you happen to be around between 5:30-7:30 pm, it is house wine and beer, and mai tai, not bad for the price (complementary).

Room Tip: Worth getting an ocean view room, high floor corner.
2  Thank N G

Aloha NG,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad you are able to enjoy our hotel. we are working on the bird situation and doing everything legal to eliminate them, as you know this is Hawaii and breakfast is served outside.

We look forward to your return,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

One hotel back from the sea, large suites with bedroom, living room and bathroom, free cooked and continental buffet breakfast and free drinks every night with pupus. Need I say more? Yes there are Embassy Suites with larger rooms, but this is Waikiki, where thousands of tourists are packed sardine-style into box-type hotels, so this is a luxury. And yes, at $379/night, the room charge is anywhere from 5x to 8x a comparable Thailand hotel, but again this is Waikiki not Phuket. A walk down the main street after dark does not incite hundreds of Thai massage or Indian suit merchants or dodgy English timeshare scammers. Only overpriced crap that came from China the week before, and they don't need to bully customers inside because the mainly US and Japanese audience here is happy to pay. The weather is great, the streets are safe, the food and activities overpriced and over-rated but there are heaps of free things to do if you can be bothered. Or just put the feet up and buy....I like it here although I won't be buying a lot from the retailers.

Room Tip: High floor because Waikiki is noisy around 4-5am
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank dougcoAuckland
Bob Y, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Aloha Doug,

Thank you for your 5 star rating. Hawaii is a very special place. Although very busy we are still manageable for families and couples alike.
Glad you enjoyed the high floor we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

As we didnt want to drive on the opposite side of the road that we were used to we found this hotel ideal for the beaches, shopping, eating out in a great variety of places and easy public trAnsport to Ll the other places we wanted to go to. The actual hotel ammenities themselves were great. Great views from the 20th floor and loved the way the end doors were left open to give a fresh breath of air through. Staff were a great help at all times of the day and night and helped us organise events to give us a great overview of Oahu in the six days we were there.
Rooms were very comfortable especially the bed. Appreciated the use of a laundry as we had been away 3 weeks.

Room Tip: The higher the better for quiet and views. Elevators are fast and efficient.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hoorays

Aloha Hoorays,

Location Location Location is one of the things that makes a great hotel.
The staff is also contributes to our success.
I am glad you were able to use our guest laundry this is very convenient for your guests use.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have been meaning to write my review since I got back. The rooms were fantastic. A suite with two queen beds in the bedroom. How awesome! The cocktail hour was awesome. The bartenders were lovely. The pool area was great. The location is second to none. When I was reading the reviews I thought it was odd how many people mentioned the staff and how nice they were. I quickly came to realize once I got there why. They were so nice! I live in Canada but travel to Honolulu twice a year. This was the first time I stayed here. I can't wait to come back. It's not cheap but it's so worth it. The breakfast was good too. Everyone mentions the birds. I did not see the big deal. When you eat in an open area in Hawaii there are birds. The band during the cocktail hour was great too. I just loved this hotel and I wish I remembered to review it sooner. I cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jules26Edmonton

Aloha Jules,

thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. Yes the staff is awesome! We are working on the birds and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was the last stop on our 12 days family holiday and it was also where I wanted to carry out a bulk of my own retail therapy - I was not disappointed!
Our family of four had two adjoining rooms and it was perfect for what we needed. We were on the top floor - 21st floor so our views were significant - the city, the sea.
We were located in downtown Waikiki and the shopping there is abundant! I took a trip out the the infamous Ala Moana Mall and quite frankly I neednt have bothered as the very same retail shops can be found within easy walking distance to the Embassy Suites - and so much easier to find.

The Managers hosting (happy hour) from 5.30pm is well worth it too - free drinks and live entertainment is fantastic! we also had a buffet breakfast included in our price and this was well worth it.

The beach and all its activities is also a stones throw away.
I would highly recommend this hotel for your holiday destination.

1  Thank Shay-Lee W

Aloha Shay Lee,

I am glad you spent 12 days at our fabulous location. Sounds like you got plenty of retail therapy.
Our managers reception free drinks is the best.