I am finally posting a review after staying at this hotel 4 different times over the past 3 years for a total of 32 nights. I traveled alone with my wife once (Nov 2010) and the other 3 times ( March) with my kids (12 & 14).
I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and have stayed all 32 nights on points. I travel a lot and love to stay at the Embassy Suites Brand. This hotel is the best of the ES. To the check-in from Kalae and Jaymar ,to the awesome bartender, Dennis, you won't be disappointed.
I used the gym everyday and it's a nice one. 4 treadmills and free weights up to 50 lbs. The hotel is almost 4 years old now. I have stayed in the one bedroom and the two bedroom suites and they are both gorgeous. Someone who posted a comment said that the furniture is dated? How, when the furniture isn't even that old? Rooms are so clean and everything looks new. The breakfast here is twice as big as the normal ES breakfast. The managers reception every evening is a great deal as well. Unlimited free drinks for 2 hours, and I mean, unlimited. Someone complained about not having better food??? Who cares, you get free drinks. What's that worth per person or a family? Awesome hula dancing will keep you entertained. Again, the entire staff at this hotel is super nice.
The Yardhouse underneath is excellent and so is Roy's and the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not sure why someone would complain about spending $5-$6 to wash and dry a load of clothes? Most hotels don't even offer washer and dryers. What would it cost to have all your clothes dry cleaned? Pack light and you can use the washer and dryers. I used them everytime. There is also a nice business center next to the room where the washer and dryers are located. Free internet in the room was very beneficial. Although I didn't pay for a night during my 4 stays, I would say that it's worth $250-$275+ tax, especially for a family. I went to the ABC store across the street and bought bread and lunch meats and other snacks and kept them in the mini fridge. They were so nice that they brought me an extra mini fridge when I asked for one. You can eat lunch in the room and save a lot of money. Subway is also next door. Waikiki is very reasonably priced compared to the outer islands. I NEVER rent a car. You don't need one in Waikiki. When I do need one for a day or two, I walk a few blocks to the Hyatt and rent a car there. If you want to drive around the island just rent a car for a couple days. You can walk everywhere in waikiki. I've been a dozen times and have never rented a car at the airport.
The location is not beachfront but only a block away from the beach. I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it's on the beach, but not in the prime location like the ES. I guarantee you, the ES is in the best location in Waikiki. Hilton Hawaiian's prices for food and drinks are twice the cost of the ES. Sure, there are like 16 restaurants at the Hilton, but the hotel is not of the same caliber of the ES. I don' like the location of the Hilton Hawaiian.
I love the Embassy Suites Waikiki and its people and will be back for years to come.
You can't go wrong with this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk is an all-suite hotel featuring 1 and 2-bedroom suites with private bedroom(s), separate living room, and kitchenette. All of our guests enjoy complimentary full Made-to-Oder Breakfast daily, nightly Evening Poolside Reception, Wi-Fi, and more, and No Resort Fees. The hotel is located steps to Waikiki Beach and in the heart of Waikiki Beach Walk, Waikiki's newest shopping, dining, and entertainment district. In addition to the extra space, added value, and great location that makes our hotel so unique, it is the genuine Hawaiian hospitality of our staff that we are most proud of. Come experience the Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk Hotel Honolulu
- Embassy Suites Honolulu
- Honolulu Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Oahu
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk Hawaii/Honolulu