“Excellent Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk
Ranked #10 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I am finally posting a review after staying at this hotel 4 different times over the past 3 years for a total of 32 nights. I traveled alone with my wife once (Nov 2010) and the other 3 times ( March) with my kids (12 & 14).

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and have stayed all 32 nights on points. I travel a lot and love to stay at the Embassy Suites Brand. This hotel is the best of the ES. To the check-in from Kalae and Jaymar ,to the awesome bartender, Dennis, you won't be disappointed.

I used the gym everyday and it's a nice one. 4 treadmills and free weights up to 50 lbs. The hotel is almost 4 years old now. I have stayed in the one bedroom and the two bedroom suites and they are both gorgeous. Someone who posted a comment said that the furniture is dated? How, when the furniture isn't even that old? Rooms are so clean and everything looks new. The breakfast here is twice as big as the normal ES breakfast. The managers reception every evening is a great deal as well. Unlimited free drinks for 2 hours, and I mean, unlimited. Someone complained about not having better food??? Who cares, you get free drinks. What's that worth per person or a family? Awesome hula dancing will keep you entertained. Again, the entire staff at this hotel is super nice.

The Yardhouse underneath is excellent and so is Roy's and the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not sure why someone would complain about spending $5-$6 to wash and dry a load of clothes? Most hotels don't even offer washer and dryers. What would it cost to have all your clothes dry cleaned? Pack light and you can use the washer and dryers. I used them everytime. There is also a nice business center next to the room where the washer and dryers are located. Free internet in the room was very beneficial. Although I didn't pay for a night during my 4 stays, I would say that it's worth $250-$275+ tax, especially for a family. I went to the ABC store across the street and bought bread and lunch meats and other snacks and kept them in the mini fridge. They were so nice that they brought me an extra mini fridge when I asked for one. You can eat lunch in the room and save a lot of money. Subway is also next door. Waikiki is very reasonably priced compared to the outer islands. I NEVER rent a car. You don't need one in Waikiki. When I do need one for a day or two, I walk a few blocks to the Hyatt and rent a car there. If you want to drive around the island just rent a car for a couple days. You can walk everywhere in waikiki. I've been a dozen times and have never rented a car at the airport.

The location is not beachfront but only a block away from the beach. I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it's on the beach, but not in the prime location like the ES. I guarantee you, the ES is in the best location in Waikiki. Hilton Hawaiian's prices for food and drinks are twice the cost of the ES. Sure, there are like 16 restaurants at the Hilton, but the hotel is not of the same caliber of the ES. I don' like the location of the Hilton Hawaiian.

I love the Embassy Suites Waikiki and its people and will be back for years to come.

You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank 5,193
Write a ReviewReviews (3,654)

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites at Waikiki Beach. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were clean. The made to order breakfast was great, a few birds on the lanai, but not bad at all. The evening drinks were delicious and not watery, they also had some snacks to go with that. A short walk to the beautiful beaches. This hotel is centrally located for walking to shopping too. The only thing negative we can think of is that every morning at 6am you can hear the trash trucks banging. We were on the 22 floor and didn't hear street noise at all except for the trash trucks. We will definately stay here again.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2010

My husband, son and I just returned from a terrific week at Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk. All of the staff was friendly, helpful and very polite; the room was clean, the location was terrific,. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade and loved the room and the ocean view. The walk to the beach was both easy and quick. It was nice having a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast buffet is an added plus and represents a significant savings in this tight economy. Although we rented a car public transportation and tours are readily available.

We enjoyed lunch in China Town, our trip to Dole Plantation, our tour to Pearl Harbor, our dinner cruise, dining at Ruth Chris steakhouse, and Tanaka of Toyko. Regarding Tanaka of Toyko, we were not familiar with the Changing of the King's Guard in King's Village so we were a little surprise when we exited the Japanese restaurant and saw the guards marching through the shopping area. The performance was so impressive that we walked back the following night. We then learned that the full team drill, which takes place at 6:15, is only performed 3 or 4 nights weekly.

I prefer to pack less and wash laundry while traveling. The coin laundry was clean, easily accessible and affordable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank barbara0254
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This was a wonderful, centrally located hotel; just a block from the beach. We walked everywhere in Waikiki. The breakfast on the Lanai was great every morning and yes there were a couple pidgens and small doves but no seagulls. Staff was very friendly and we loved our juice drink when we checked in. The managers reception in the evening was like any Embassy Suites but my main complaint was the poor choice in appetizers, if you could call them that. For such a high class hotel they served a low class appetizer. Come on, fish crackers and potato chips? Are you listening ES? At least they could have supplied some appetizers from the menu. We would have gladly paid for them. I have seen this done at other ES. Roys right on the corner: great, great food.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2010

The Embassy Suites Waikiki was a treat. I'd definitely recommend and stay again in the future. The service was warm and welcoming, the rooms were very clean and spacious...comfortable for a family of 4. We were surprised by the lovely lanai and ocean view (partial). The kids enjoyed the pool, and the beach was just a couple of blocks away! Good breakfast, and relaxing Managers reception.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites for a week with our girls (ages 1 & 6) this is a great hotel for families. We arrived late on Friday night and were able to check right in and within minutes they brought a crib up for the baby. The Breakfast in the morning was great. The people that work in the breakfast area we so friendly & helpful. By the end of the week... they knew what drinks we liked with our breakfast and would bring them to our table a few minutes after we sat down. Also the bartenders in the evening were great & very funny. We ate lunch at the pool 2 days. The food was good... a little slow to come out. But it was hot when it came out... so you know it was fresh!

The hotel is in a great location. We walked down and used the beach in front of the Hilton Hawaiian Village and The Lagoon. Great for small kids and another day we walked down and used the beach outside the Outrigger Waikiki. We also walked down to The Ala Moana mall.

The only thing we would complain about was the pillows. All in all it was a great clean hotel and we would go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed at Embassy Suites for 12 days in October/November for the 4th time & it was as wonderful as always. The location on Beach walk is fantastic. The sea views from our rooms were wonderful, the staff as friendly as always & go out of their way to make you feel like you are part of their family. Breakfast being provided is a huge bonus & the omelet station is wonderful! The managers nightly reception with free drinks just starts every evening off with a smile. Sadly they no longer have nightly live entertainment but is now 3 nights a week (the hula school that come in once a week is a highlight). We all miss everyone at Embassy already- especially Joe, Chef Glenn & Dennis & George on the bar! Mahalo for another wonderful holiday

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends