“Exceptional, once again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Currituck, North Carolina
“Exceptional, once again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

I travel to Hawaii fairly frequently. I have stayed at all the big name hotels in the Waikiki area and I find the Embassy Suites to be head and shoulders above the rest. The location is great with good access to all Waikiki has to offer. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding, John makes the best omelet with a continous smile as he prepares the food. You can't have a an empty cup of coffee or glass of OJ around Aldrin because he's always there filling it up with his great sense of humor (and removing your used plates, too). Our house keeper, Lleulynn "Lynn" (7th floor Hula Tower) on this trip was so friendly and accomodating to our requests she seemed like family. She always went out of her way with a warm smile to assure we were comfortable in our suite . Since I was here on business I needed a very quiet room and for the second trip in a row we were given choices by Victor to make sure we were absolutely satisfied. He believes in speedy customer service with a smile. He even kept us updated on room change status by calling my cell so we would not have to wait til we got back to the hotel. Does it sound like it was a great experience? It is an outstanding and very clean (rooms, pool area, dining, etc) hotel but the people make it great. I will always stay there when there are vacancies. The Bennett's - North Carolina

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Buddy252

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

A modern property located towards the beginning of the Waikiki strip. A two minute walk to the beach. Excellent shopping and dining a 2 minute walk away. A warm and friendly staff. I especially liked the breakfast buffet, and Manager's Reception. It makes starting and ending the day memeorable and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers, visitors, and Kamaaina. For military members, this property is located very close to the Hale Koa military recreation area, which includes Fort Derussy beach, and Army Museum. I highly recommend a visit to the museum. This property is not for the budget traveller, and is priced on the higher end. Still a good value.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2010

Just returned from 5 nights at Embassy Suites and we had a pleasurable experience The location was perfect with only short walk to the beach. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The buffett breakfast was excellent however the dining room did feel a little like being on school camp at times. The pool was heated to a nice tempertature and spa hot. The pool staff served us complementary chocolate coated strawberries which was a lovely touch. We could also order cocktails without getting out of the spa. There are plenty of shops and restaurants downstairs and a handy convenience store on lobby level. The rooms are large and comfortable, decor very nice, and we didnt hear any noise from adjoining rooms. The bed pillows are smaller than what we are used to sleeping on. Overall I really liked the location, best part of the beach only 5 minute walk. The least favorite thing was dining room at breakfast however you could take a tray up to your room which we did. Oh, and Roys Restaurant downstairs is excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

I am finally posting a review after staying at this hotel 4 different times over the past 3 years for a total of 32 nights. I traveled alone with my wife once (Nov 2010) and the other 3 times ( March) with my kids (12 & 14).

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and have stayed all 32 nights on points. I travel a lot and love to stay at the Embassy Suites Brand. This hotel is the best of the ES. To the check-in from Kalae and Jaymar ,to the awesome bartender, Dennis, you won't be disappointed.

I used the gym everyday and it's a nice one. 4 treadmills and free weights up to 50 lbs. The hotel is almost 4 years old now. I have stayed in the one bedroom and the two bedroom suites and they are both gorgeous. Someone who posted a comment said that the furniture is dated? How, when the furniture isn't even that old? Rooms are so clean and everything looks new. The breakfast here is twice as big as the normal ES breakfast. The managers reception every evening is a great deal as well. Unlimited free drinks for 2 hours, and I mean, unlimited. Someone complained about not having better food??? Who cares, you get free drinks. What's that worth per person or a family? Awesome hula dancing will keep you entertained. Again, the entire staff at this hotel is super nice.

The Yardhouse underneath is excellent and so is Roy's and the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not sure why someone would complain about spending $5-$6 to wash and dry a load of clothes? Most hotels don't even offer washer and dryers. What would it cost to have all your clothes dry cleaned? Pack light and you can use the washer and dryers. I used them everytime. There is also a nice business center next to the room where the washer and dryers are located. Free internet in the room was very beneficial. Although I didn't pay for a night during my 4 stays, I would say that it's worth $250-$275+ tax, especially for a family. I went to the ABC store across the street and bought bread and lunch meats and other snacks and kept them in the mini fridge. They were so nice that they brought me an extra mini fridge when I asked for one. You can eat lunch in the room and save a lot of money. Subway is also next door. Waikiki is very reasonably priced compared to the outer islands. I NEVER rent a car. You don't need one in Waikiki. When I do need one for a day or two, I walk a few blocks to the Hyatt and rent a car there. If you want to drive around the island just rent a car for a couple days. You can walk everywhere in waikiki. I've been a dozen times and have never rented a car at the airport.

The location is not beachfront but only a block away from the beach. I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it's on the beach, but not in the prime location like the ES. I guarantee you, the ES is in the best location in Waikiki. Hilton Hawaiian's prices for food and drinks are twice the cost of the ES. Sure, there are like 16 restaurants at the Hilton, but the hotel is not of the same caliber of the ES. I don' like the location of the Hilton Hawaiian.

I love the Embassy Suites Waikiki and its people and will be back for years to come.

You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank 5193
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites at Waikiki Beach. The staff was super friendly, the rooms were clean. The made to order breakfast was great, a few birds on the lanai, but not bad at all. The evening drinks were delicious and not watery, they also had some snacks to go with that. A short walk to the beautiful beaches. This hotel is centrally located for walking to shopping too. The only thing negative we can think of is that every morning at 6am you can hear the trash trucks banging. We were on the 22 floor and didn't hear street noise at all except for the trash trucks. We will definately stay here again.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Lehigh Valley, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

My husband, son and I just returned from a terrific week at Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk. All of the staff was friendly, helpful and very polite; the room was clean, the location was terrific,. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade and loved the room and the ocean view. The walk to the beach was both easy and quick. It was nice having a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast buffet is an added plus and represents a significant savings in this tight economy. Although we rented a car public transportation and tours are readily available.

We enjoyed lunch in China Town, our trip to Dole Plantation, our tour to Pearl Harbor, our dinner cruise, dining at Ruth Chris steakhouse, and Tanaka of Toyko. Regarding Tanaka of Toyko, we were not familiar with the Changing of the King's Guard in King's Village so we were a little surprise when we exited the Japanese restaurant and saw the guards marching through the shopping area. The performance was so impressive that we walked back the following night. We then learned that the full team drill, which takes place at 6:15, is only performed 3 or 4 nights weekly.

I prefer to pack less and wash laundry while traveling. The coin laundry was clean, easily accessible and affordable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank barbara0254
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

This was a wonderful, centrally located hotel; just a block from the beach. We walked everywhere in Waikiki. The breakfast on the Lanai was great every morning and yes there were a couple pidgens and small doves but no seagulls. Staff was very friendly and we loved our juice drink when we checked in. The managers reception in the evening was like any Embassy Suites but my main complaint was the poor choice in appetizers, if you could call them that. For such a high class hotel they served a low class appetizer. Come on, fish crackers and potato chips? Are you listening ES? At least they could have supplied some appetizers from the menu. We would have gladly paid for them. I have seen this done at other ES. Roys right on the corner: great, great food.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple