“Great Value”

Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Value”
Reviewed 9 December 2010

If I tell you what a bargain this hotel is, then y'all will want to stay there, and the next time I want to go there won't be any rooms available. Anyway, the location is fine, the rooms are very clean, the help is accomodating, the breakfast is exceptional, the "open bar" happy hour is a blast. You gotta like kids cause there's plenty of them. When you consider the whole package, i.e., the room, the breakfast, the happy hour booze bonanza, and the proximity of lots of good stuff, you just can't beat this place.............!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank wallybaloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Teaneck,NJ
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Well located, the suites are clean of adequate space,modestly furnished but nonetheless comfortable. Breakfast is abbundant served in a chaotic environment offering self-service mong hundreds of people. Hotel staff is polite and helpful. One of the main hotel tower elevators is left unattended,possibly dangerous as it opens on to the street.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank efarkasTeaneck_NJ
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I enjoy the Embassy Suites Waikiki. I'm a Hilton HHonors Diamond, so they upgraded me to an ocean view room. Cool, I thought. But since most Embassy Suites rooms are fairly identical, I wouldnt have pressed for an upgrade anyway.
If you arent familiar with the Embassy Suites concept, all rooms here have two room suites, with a bedroom and living room with sofa bed. flat screen Tv's in each room, and a microwave, refrigerator, sink sort of "kitchenette".
The Embassy Suites Waikiki has two bedroom suites also.
Anyway, we've stayed here before, back in 2008, so we knew what to expect. We got room 1809 in the Aloha tower, which is on the right side of the hallway facing the ocean. I wouldnt recommend any "09" rooms on any floor. This side of the hallway contains the stairwell. Not only does it make the room smaller, but we could hear the stairwell door slamming as people entered the stairs. Where they were going from the 18th floor, I dont know.

Being at the SW corner of the building, it had an extended balcony, which you could enter from the living area or the bedroom, although it is very narrow. I'm 5 foot 11 inches, and when I sat down, my knees were at the railing. this side also directly faces the Trump International, which blocks any real view of DeRussy park. The "Ocean view" is past the breakfast pavilion and pool floor below, the other tower, and past the Outrigger on the Beach. YOu could see it from the balcony or from two windows behind the couch. Since there isnt any seating on the other side of the room, you cant enjoy the view sitting down.
There should be better views on the other side of the hallway. So if you are looking for real ocean views, remember, this hotel is not directly on the beach.

However, the room was still very nice. OK King size bed, clock radio with mp3 hookup. Very understated Hawaiian themed furnishings. Decent sized bathroom, however our previous room without an oceanview had a bigger bathroom with entrances from the living and bedrooms.
This hotel has full breakfast daily plus an evening managers reception. Breakfast was good. there is an omelet station with many toppings to choose from, pancakes, french toast, fresh fruit, pastries, breakfast meats, and also a few international dishes such as tofu, miso soup and fried rice. There is also coffee, tea juices and soda.
From 5-7pm, there is a "manager's reception" with light hors dourves. There is supposed to be entertainment, but there wasnt on the one night we went, Sunday. Our previous visit, there was entertainment every night.
All said, I would recommend this hotel for it's proximity to Waikiki beach, the Waikiki strip and the Waikiki beach walk, which is right downstairs. There are restaurants ranging from the Hard Rock to Ruth's Chris and Subway, and ABC (Hawaiian convenience store), PF Chang's, Senor Frogs (with live music), galleries, stores etc.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Travel by Signature
Currituck, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 December 2010

I travel to Hawaii fairly frequently. I have stayed at all the big name hotels in the Waikiki area and I find the Embassy Suites to be head and shoulders above the rest. The location is great with good access to all Waikiki has to offer. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding, John makes the best omelet with a continous smile as he prepares the food. You can't have a an empty cup of coffee or glass of OJ around Aldrin because he's always there filling it up with his great sense of humor (and removing your used plates, too). Our house keeper, Lleulynn "Lynn" (7th floor Hula Tower) on this trip was so friendly and accomodating to our requests she seemed like family. She always went out of her way with a warm smile to assure we were comfortable in our suite . Since I was here on business I needed a very quiet room and for the second trip in a row we were given choices by Victor to make sure we were absolutely satisfied. He believes in speedy customer service with a smile. He even kept us updated on room change status by calling my cell so we would not have to wait til we got back to the hotel. Does it sound like it was a great experience? It is an outstanding and very clean (rooms, pool area, dining, etc) hotel but the people make it great. I will always stay there when there are vacancies. The Bennett's - North Carolina

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Buddy252
Honolulu
Reviewed 2 December 2010

A modern property located towards the beginning of the Waikiki strip. A two minute walk to the beach. Excellent shopping and dining a 2 minute walk away. A warm and friendly staff. I especially liked the breakfast buffet, and Manager's Reception. It makes starting and ending the day memeorable and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for business travelers, visitors, and Kamaaina. For military members, this property is located very close to the Hale Koa military recreation area, which includes Fort Derussy beach, and Army Museum. I highly recommend a visit to the museum. This property is not for the budget traveller, and is priced on the higher end. Still a good value.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Just returned from 5 nights at Embassy Suites and we had a pleasurable experience The location was perfect with only short walk to the beach. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The buffett breakfast was excellent however the dining room did feel a little like being on school camp at times. The pool was heated to a nice tempertature and spa hot. The pool staff served us complementary chocolate coated strawberries which was a lovely touch. We could also order cocktails without getting out of the spa. There are plenty of shops and restaurants downstairs and a handy convenience store on lobby level. The rooms are large and comfortable, decor very nice, and we didnt hear any noise from adjoining rooms. The bed pillows are smaller than what we are used to sleeping on. Overall I really liked the location, best part of the beach only 5 minute walk. The least favorite thing was dining room at breakfast however you could take a tray up to your room which we did. Oh, and Roys Restaurant downstairs is excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I am finally posting a review after staying at this hotel 4 different times over the past 3 years for a total of 32 nights. I traveled alone with my wife once (Nov 2010) and the other 3 times ( March) with my kids (12 & 14).

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and have stayed all 32 nights on points. I travel a lot and love to stay at the Embassy Suites Brand. This hotel is the best of the ES. To the check-in from Kalae and Jaymar ,to the awesome bartender, Dennis, you won't be disappointed.

I used the gym everyday and it's a nice one. 4 treadmills and free weights up to 50 lbs. The hotel is almost 4 years old now. I have stayed in the one bedroom and the two bedroom suites and they are both gorgeous. Someone who posted a comment said that the furniture is dated? How, when the furniture isn't even that old? Rooms are so clean and everything looks new. The breakfast here is twice as big as the normal ES breakfast. The managers reception every evening is a great deal as well. Unlimited free drinks for 2 hours, and I mean, unlimited. Someone complained about not having better food??? Who cares, you get free drinks. What's that worth per person or a family? Awesome hula dancing will keep you entertained. Again, the entire staff at this hotel is super nice.

The Yardhouse underneath is excellent and so is Roy's and the Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not sure why someone would complain about spending $5-$6 to wash and dry a load of clothes? Most hotels don't even offer washer and dryers. What would it cost to have all your clothes dry cleaned? Pack light and you can use the washer and dryers. I used them everytime. There is also a nice business center next to the room where the washer and dryers are located. Free internet in the room was very beneficial. Although I didn't pay for a night during my 4 stays, I would say that it's worth $250-$275+ tax, especially for a family. I went to the ABC store across the street and bought bread and lunch meats and other snacks and kept them in the mini fridge. They were so nice that they brought me an extra mini fridge when I asked for one. You can eat lunch in the room and save a lot of money. Subway is also next door. Waikiki is very reasonably priced compared to the outer islands. I NEVER rent a car. You don't need one in Waikiki. When I do need one for a day or two, I walk a few blocks to the Hyatt and rent a car there. If you want to drive around the island just rent a car for a couple days. You can walk everywhere in waikiki. I've been a dozen times and have never rented a car at the airport.

The location is not beachfront but only a block away from the beach. I have stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and it's on the beach, but not in the prime location like the ES. I guarantee you, the ES is in the best location in Waikiki. Hilton Hawaiian's prices for food and drinks are twice the cost of the ES. Sure, there are like 16 restaurants at the Hilton, but the hotel is not of the same caliber of the ES. I don' like the location of the Hilton Hawaiian.

I love the Embassy Suites Waikiki and its people and will be back for years to come.

You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family