“Excellent Food, Chic Atmosphere, Great Bar!!”

Uncle Bo's Pupu Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Food, Chic Atmosphere, Great Bar!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Uncle Bo's came highly recommended by friends who had previously vacationed in Honolulu. So on that recommendation alone~ we tried it...and we keep returning!! Love the atmosphere, and we have tried many different drink and food options~ all excellent!! Just make sure you make a reservation~

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank downtown075

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“amazing”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Looks with this place are very deceiving. A great local place, filled with locals. Amazing food, great staff. Away from the Waikiki strip and well worth the walk (20 mins) or cab ride from the beach. try to book in advance as they are always busy

• Visited August 2014
“WOW!! Honolulu's Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place is amazing!! Do not let the outside fool you; it is out of the way from downtown Honolulu (about a 15 minute drive) and from the outside appears old and run-down. But when you walk in you realize how wrong you were! The main area is very modern and a little dark, pretty loud, but we were seated in the back room and at 6pm we were one of two tables in the back. It was quieter and roomier in there.They do give preference to their reservations, but we had 2 hours to eat and that was plenty for us. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, and gave us suggestions about the most popular dishes. I took her advice and tried the S.O.S. and it was probably one of THE BEST things I've ever eaten, EVER. I don't know how to describe it. It is sort of a stew? A hot dish, with clams, crab meat, scallops, shrimp, and lobster in sort of a tomatoey-sauce-stew-soup thing. And a side of rice to soak up the sauce. Seriously, if you go, eat this. Just amazing. Other members of our party had the chicken pesto, the shrimp pasta, and they daily special which was an almond crusted fish with mango rice. All got good reviews, but the S.O.S. I am nearly salivating right now. I can't go back anytime soon, but if you're there please try it!!

• Visited July 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“I love Uncle Bo's!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The food here is so good, I crave coming back. They had this really great seafood catch dish that is no longer on the menu, it was my favorite, but everything is still delicious. This place has some of the best sea bass I've ever tried. They make everything perfectly. Customer service is always excellent, and the environment is beautiful, from the chain curtains to the stained glass window. Don't let the outside fool you, when I first saw it I was like "THIS hole in the wall?" When you enter and see the menu, you realize it is far from that! Street parking is pretty easy to find, and there is a parking lot across the street. I will always be back because I love this place!

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Hungry? Uncle Bo's will satisfy and keep you coming back!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Uncle Bo's food is so amazing that it's hard to find the right words. You will get very generous portions at reasonable prices. My favorite is the Boca Rota which is a yummy, cheesy, garlic bread, with prime rib slices, sautéed mushrooms and mozzarella cheese. It melts in your mouth! The food at Uncle Bo's is quite unique and you will see the happiest people there (customers and staff). I haven't tried everything on the menu but I plan to. The location is excellent and you should have no trouble finding this awesome place. Locals love it as well as visitors. Happy eating!

• Visited July 2014