“A fun adventure”
Review of Pedal Bike Tours

Pedal Bike Tours
Ranked #41 of 308 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Oahu on two-wheels! Pedal Hawaii offers bike rentals and sightseeing tours of Waikiki, Honolulu and the North Shore. Our family friendly tours are geared to novice riders of all ages. Pedal bike tours are a fun, easy and safe way to experience local sites and culture.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Melbourne, Australia
“A fun adventure”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

At first I was a little nervous about this pedal bike tour. After all, it is my first bike tour and my pedalling skills are a little rusty. Our guide Pono was friendly and approachable, he really took good care of our small group of 4s (my husband and I, along with another older couple). We were amazed with the places around downtown that we didn't see while on other tours. It was not as hectic as I thought it would be as there were mainly even bike paths we got to ride on and we took breaks in between while Pono looked after the bikes so we could also walk around a little. We had to do several crossing at the lights throughout the tour and ride alongside buses while in Chinatown which was a little nerve-wracking for me. The cars are very very courteous towards bike riders (unlike some of the more aggressive drivers in Melbourne) and would often slow down and give way or go around you. I don't think I would be able to pedal around Honolulu and see so many hidden attractions without the guidance from our guide. Thank you Pono!!

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A new view”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first ever bike tour in Petal Hawaii why he made it fantastic. It was fun and I felt safe the whole time. I saw parts of Hawaii I would have never seen and got some great exercise of the same time. The 10 mile trip was exhilarating and not exhausting. I would recommend it to anyone even the casual bike rider.

Auckland, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Perfect day pedaling the North Shore”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Our tour of the North Shore was fantastic and we would recommend this, and our Guide (Mike), to everyone who enjoys riding a bike. The views are spectacular; stunning beaches, turtle sanctuary, (no) Shark Cove and so on. Add in the invaluable local knowledge of our Guide, delicious food and we could not have had a better day. Mahalo!

Ballina NSW
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Off the beaten track”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our guide Pono was extremely informative of all local points of interest. Even though we have visited Hawaii many times Pono was still able to show and tell us things we had not seen or knew. One of the most important part of his duties was to keep us safe which made the trip for us free of any feeling of danger. On our return when I told Pono my husband was here on holidays celebrating his 80th birthday he was amazed. This tour can be undertaken by anybody at any age who wants to see Hawaii away from the tourist crowds. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

1 Thank Maryanne S
Castle Hayne, NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommend touring Honolulu this way!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was such a great trip! Our guide Pono did a really great job showing us the hidden treasures of the city while sharing some interesting tidbits and giving us some history of the area. Pono was very attentive, the pace was perfect, and the bikes were super comfortable! We felt like we were just riding around a new city with friends who lived there! It was also very affordable with the Groupon coupon. Thanks guys for a great experience. We look forward to checking you out when we make it to Portland (another destination on the bucket list...)

1 Thank KayDee58