“Cockroach party”

Atlantis Steak and Seafood
Ranked #277 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
“Cockroach party”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My friends and I dined here after having a good meal earlier in the week. We were eating our entrees when one of my dining companions thought she saw a cockroach. The servers looked but could not see where it went. I took out my phone with a flashlight app on it and lit up the underside off the table. There were about 4 cockroaches eating some food just a couple of inches from my feet. We got up quickly and left. In our haste we did not ask for the manager and we paid the bill. We looked back and the serving staff seemed amused by our reaction. Needless to say we will not be going back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Priscilla C

• Korean first
Montesano, Washington
“Best Meal on Oahu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant is located in an old movie theater which you might not notice immediately, but you will notice the old movie posters on the walls as you go up the escalator to the second floor where the restaurant is located. We saw their lunch specials advertised on a board on the sidewalk and again just outside the entrance to the restaurant. However the specials did not seem to appear on the menu, so we asked and the waiter told us about the specials. The presentation was beautiful, the food was cooked to perfection, and it tasted wonderful. I would say that this meal was our absolute best meal on Oahu. Excellent. Now if you arrive after the afternoon special and order off the menu the prices are expensive just as you would expect for any high end restaurant anywhere in the world. The waiter was charming and the manager was very attentive, they really want to make sure their guests are happy. We had a relaxing late afternoon lunch.

• Visited April 2014
“Surf and turf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Food was nice a bit pricey. The staff were friendly, however I did feel a bit rushed, like they wanted us to eat and leave quickly

Visited June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was one of my favorite stops in Oahu. It can be a bit pricey, BUT they have daily early bird specials, and dinner specials. Drinks are about what you would expect in Waikiki. $6 for a beer, $12 for a decent cocktail. The service was decent and the management hit my table twice to check on me while I was there. I recommend and will go back next time I'm in waikiki

Visited April 2014
Regina, Canada
“Faster is not necessarily better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Got back from the North Shore this evening and wanted a steak dinner. It was around 7 pm on a Sunday night. Restaurants are all pretty busy along Kalakaua. Got in quickly. However the service was a bit bizarre. Was asked by several different waiters what I wanted to drink, any questions about menu, the actual order and the quality of food. It was somewhat of a whirlwind. Not relaxing at all. More like " order, eat and go" which is alright if you are at McDonald's but not at a restaurant that charges premium prices. We were in and out within 45 minutes. Something really wrong with that.

• Visited April 2014