“Fabulous!”
Review of Hawaii Food Tours

Hawaii Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Food Tours™ was created by Hawaii's #1 Food Writer and Restaurant Reviewer, Chef Matthew Gray. It's for those who love food & fun. Voted Best Tours on Oahu for the past two years in a row! Two different daily tours; one takes place in & around Honolulu... the other goes to the North Shore. We will feed, educate and entertain you all day long! MSNBC Network called us one of the best food experiences in the world! These fantastic tours feature Yummy Food, Fascinating History, and Culinary Decadence! Our Famous Hole-in-the-Wall Tour™ includes a behind-the-scenes walking and tasting tour in Honolulu's amazingly colorful Chinatown! It's an entertaining, informative and FUN Honolulu City Tour with several stops, including 2 of Hawaii's most famous Bakeries & one of a kind Marketplaces. You'll be eating between 15 & 20 different foods! This tour takes place all over Honolulu, away from the touristy areas of Waikiki, where only the real locals go to eat. Our North Shore Food Tour™ gives guests a tasty glimpse of the colorful and rural "countryside" area of our island of Oahu. Many people read about the North Shore, about the beautiful huge waves, the garlic shrimp trucks, and rustic away-from-the-city areas, and that's what we give our guests, including some genuine Hawaiian food, a garlic shrimp plate, various pastries, Hawaiian Beer, and a visit to a coffee and sugar plantation.
Reviewed 2 August 2009

This tour completely lived up to the hype. My wife and I decided to do this tour our first day here (now it is the evening of the first day) and we are sublimely happy.

Matthew and Keira totally care about their customers. Between them, they know food, they know Honolulu. Their combined knowledge is encyclopedic.

Not only did they provide such a great tour with so much helpful information about the area, they went out of their way to help all of us with any question (where can I take my dry cleaning?, for instance) we could come up with. By hte end of the day, I felt like they were good friends and I was so appreciative of the ambiance they created to help everyone, couples and singles, become part of a cohesive group.

Oh, and did I mention the food? We went to so many great out-of-the-way, off the beaten track places and we were treated to delectable meals, native candies, unusual fruits, and heavenly desserts. A guided tour of Chinatown with numerous stops along the way was absolutely a highlight. The proprieters were all friendly and helpful, and it as clear that Matthew and Keira had spent considerable time cultivating these relationships.

Will my wife and I mention this tour to our friends? We will do more than menition it. We will tell them that this tour alone is worth the trip. Matthew, Keira, thank you. We just can't imagine what we will do the rest of the week to top this.

4  Thank bluedevilbill
There are newer reviews for Hawaii Food Tours

Reviewed 1 August 2009

I had the best time, from the minute they picked me up at the hotel until I was droped off. what a nice and causal tour, very organized and well thought out. I would recommend this tour to anyone who likes to eat, and experiance the "local" foods while on vacation.

I will be back to take one of the other tours they offer, this time my husband wants to go after hearing me talk about how great the tour was.

thanks again Matthew and Keira!!

4  Thank kkhelmey
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Fantastic tour - fun and tasty!
Highly recommend - interesting, informative and great tour guides. Would do this tour again.

3  Thank joankenrob
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Not only are your guides authentically local and willing to share personal history along with local folklore, they will give you a professional cultural experience and show you many "Lost" sites on top of it! The food choices are interesting, surprising and culinary delights! Do you think we enjoyed it? We certainly did. Do it at the beginning of your stay if you can as they will give you all the information you need on where and what to eat for the rest of the time you're there. If you do nothing else while you're there - do this tour!

5  Thank dinibell
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I just returned from Hawaii and my wife and I did the Hole in the Wall Tour. We spent the day sampling eats from areas away from Waikiki. a bit of time is spent walking in chinatown, sampling foods from the little shops, fresh fruits, and browsing stores. All is done with a (soon to be) husband and wife team - one a chef and food critic - one a local. What you get is a small group tour that combines local history, food tasting, someone to tell you what you are seeing and tasting in chinatown and discussion about food. We had a great time!

I would do this early in your vacation. First ,you will want to go back to some of the places you sample (we could have eaten the manapua every morning). Also you get a restuarant list of his favorite places. if you want to find certain food you can get suggestions from the guy who has rated them all.

Good food, great company, and learned a little, what else can you ask for?

6  Thank JohnT.tn