The only positives are price, location near the airport and a friendly staff. Also the shuttle is very clean and the drivers prompt and friendly (call for pickup at the courtesy phone in baggage claim). To bad ownership isn't giving these people someplace better to support.
- the halls stank, Really, really bad. Very musty...or something,
- the restaurant closes at 9pm and the convenience store at 9:30pm and then you are a long way from any food (at least Pizza Hut delivers - as the desk for a menu and number).
- the rooms are old and only fair for cleanliness (thankfully the bedding at least was clean).
- the thermostat is almost non-functional. Ours you had to remove the faceplate on and work the innards manually. The slide lever to set temp was broken.
- rooms are tiny. The bathroom ridiculously so .
- the elevator shuddered and groaned like a haunted house. Not comforting.
- windows do not seal well. You will hear the wind whistle and you will hear traffic.
Would not recommend and will just stay in town next time and give up 15-20 minutes of convenience. The loss in comfort not at all worth the convenience and puts a damper on the end of any Hawaii vacation.More