“Awesome indeed!”
Review of Ohana Island Tours - CLOSED

Ohana Island Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We help travelers to Hawaii make the most out of their vacations.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Cliff could not have been more awesomer! I know that isn't a word, but it should be to describe our experience. I had to call Cliff the night before we were scheduled to arrive from North Carolina for our Saturday tour with him. The airlines had delayed our flight out of NC, which meant we would not arrive in Honolulu when we had planned. Cliff accommodated our new arrival time and was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport. We only had a few hours before boarding our cruise ship, so he took us to as many places as he could within that time frame. Wish we had had more time to stop at more places, but it was great to see the places he wanted to show us. A very personable, professional tour guide!

All reviews
"family tour"
"comfortable van"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful day we spent with Cliff. My husband, little ones and I dot like ordinary tours. We love seeing the sights as the locals do..off the beaten path with an authentic experience. This is exactly what we got with Ohana Island Tours.

We got to see some pretty amazing sights, dolphins, rays, beaches, and eat some amazing shave ice and visit a local food truck with some delicious dishes.

We highly recommend this one of a kind experience - worth every cent!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

If you are traveling to Oahu and need someone to show you around and take you to places off the beaten path, look no further than Cliff!!!!! My wife and I had a blast from beginning to end and Cliff made sure the rain didn't put a damper on our day. He picked us up promptly at 7am at our hotel and chauffeured us to our first stop to get coffee and an close up view of dolphins!!!!!! We then headed to some of the most amazing lookout points to take some great pics (I'll post them here soon). We followed that up with a stop at the Macadamia Nut Factory (Free samples) and a visit to Lanakai Beach (Voted top 10 beaches in the world) and a tour of the North Shore. We stopped at an amazing local food truck with fresh garlic shrimp and steak that was so good my wife and I are planning a return trip before we head home. We tasted some of the best Shave Ice that the island has to offer before making our way back to our hotel. Our tour was fully customizable and Cliff made sure to make our day with him about us and making sure we were having a great time. Make sure to contact Cliff if you are coming to Oahu and want to see the island in a way that you will remember. Thanks for an amazing day Cliff

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Our family enjoyed spending the day with Cliff. He was prompt, knowledgeable about the island, and very excited about his adopted home. Cliff went out of his way to even take us to a remote area that we'd been recommended by friend's friend. Lunch was a special treat, hikes were pretty neat, and best of all the beaches were pretty darn amazing. As a followup, Cliff texted us a suggested itinerary for our solo trip to the North Shore later in the week. Definitely made our family trip
To Oahu special.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Its been exactly two weeks from today that my family and I spent an idyllic day with the man with the van. My family and I are still reliving the beautiful sights that Cliff showed us of his Hawaii. As one of the prior reviewers remarked, a tour with Cliff is like visiting an old friend and having him show you around to his favorite spots. Its truly a unique experience to be on a tour without many restrictions for time and the freedom to chart your own course. We started off bright and early with an up close and personal visit with dolphins which the kids enjoyed and a cup of coffee which the adults needed. From there it was a whirlwind of beautiful vistas, sandy hidden beaches, and fun filled facts and anecdotes from the guide. My family was not up for any strenuous activities like hiking or water sports. We were in the mood to relax and just soak in the sights and sounds of paradise and partake of its local foods. Cliff more than complied, by filling our bellies with Mikes huli chicken and garlic shrimp, chocolate macadamia's and the best piping hot malasadas from Leonards. The seven hours we hung out with him went by so fast and we only really saw the east shore of Oahu. You can tell Cliff really loves the island and he wants to share it with all of his visitors. His personalized tours are so much more memorable than your standard Gray Line experience. If you have a chance to visit Oahu and you want a nontouristy, memorable and laid back experience, call the man with the van. We cant wait to return to see the North shore of Oahu with him. As an end note ....Cliff is a fabulous photographer and will take photos on the tour. I forgot to ask him though how to get copies of the photos. If you see this review Cliff can you let us know.

TourGuideCliff, Owner at Ohana Island Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thanks so much! Hawaii's my favorite place on earth and I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's the closest I've ever found to paradise. Come back and we'll do it all differently. For photos, just email me and I'll send you a download link. Aloha!