I got a great deal, but it wasn't my money. I traveled for business and stayed two days at this hotel. There are many positives. Yes it is quiet but close to the action, a boutique hotel, staff was great w/ bartender Gerry a legend with repeat patrons over many many years, many other things close by, and very pretty views.
I can't imagine ever staying here with the wife and kid in such a small room. The AC, although very good was right next to my bed. It blew down on me the first night until I was freezing. I managed to adjust the motorized air vent control, but I didn't totally get it figured out. The bathroom I thought was a bit dated and water didn't run down the bathtub/shower drain the best. The beach is small here.
I hope the info helps, I people watched a lot of happy tourists and locals in Honolulu, that helped make this business trip a bit easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of its paradisiacal setting, The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel is a refreshing escape from the crowds of Waikiki. This boutique hotel sits right on one of Honolulu’s best white-sand beach, cradled next to the slopes of Diamond Head Crater, and located directly across from the 108 acre Kapiolani Park, perfect for those seeking a recreational or romantic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Honolulu
- Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Hawaii
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu