The Waikiki Banyan is a nice place to stay in Waikiki. It's not the most central location but everything is within a 10 minute stroll away. Being travellers from Australia, we took every opportunity to shop and stock up on items that are ridiculously cheaper in the US than back home, so almost every night after dinner, we walk to the DFS, Royal Hawaiian Centre and along Kuhio Ave to shop. Walking along the beach back to the Banyan was nice and is quite safe late at night.
We rented a 1 bedroom condo with a full kitchen and felt that it was roomy enough to fit 4 ladies with A LOT of shopping. We used almost half the floor space to put our shopping bags down and still had lots of space to move around.
The kitchen is convenient for late night snacks and break of dawn breakfasts that you need to just swallow before leaving for a tour or excursion at 7am.
There were minor disturbances from the renovations going on around the pool area (level 6) and the exterior of the hotel. The pool is big enough to do small laps and the spa was relaxing. There's a normal spa and a 'hotter' spa for warmer temperatures which is great! We loved the hotter spa, especially at night. The only downside is that there is no gym in the building. Apparently you get discounts at a nearby gym but that's not the most convenient when you just want a quick work out.
The resort fee includes use of the pool/spa, PS3 in your room, a DVD card to rent movies for free, free wifi in your condo (you have your own router in the condo). The wifi was especially great. We had 3 people on skype at the same time and the internet wasn't slow.
Overall great experience. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a block from the beach, this exceptionally kid-friendly property features one-bedroom suites that accommodate up to 5 people at no additional charge. It has the best recreation deck in Waikiki, complete with children's playground open late, so you can enjoy it after a day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aston at the Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Banyan
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel
- Resort Quest Waikiki Banyan
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu